Gimme my moose tag already!

UGAhunter

Come on, Idaho, let me have my Moose permit! The application period has been closed for 36 hours, what's the hold up????? :D

Seriously, I can't wait to get my refund in the mail. x(

It's usually the toward the end of May. In 2005, my wife drew a tag, and the postcard came the day I left to go bear hunting, probably May 20th or so.

LAST EDITED ON May-02-13 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]Awesome!!! I thought I was the only inpatient one! What area you put in4?

I had some moose meat when I was a kid and from what I can remember it was great. Maybe some day I will try and kill one.

Chuck in Boise

>Last year results were out on
>May 16.

Oh great, a month away is long enough that I can forget for a little while. 13 days is just short enough that I will be thinking about it every day. Thanks.

It has to be getting close, DTP. Past years tell us that this Wednesday afternoon should be when the good/bad news hits.

I think I will start to hold my breath now!

>Back door doesn't work for the
>trophy species.

I have always heard the same thing. Successful people have posted here before that the "back door method" did eventually show their tag, but it wasn't until well after the draw results were posted. I can't say for sure. When I drew a trophy species tag it was before I knew about the back door method.

Good luck to everybody.....unless we applied for the same tag - then good luck to just me!

I was in there this morning buying my super hunt tickets and unfortunately there wasn't anything in there for me. I don't know anyone who has found out that way in the past. Crossing my fingers for my moose tag as well. I've already checked the website three times today.

>Crossing
>my fingers for my moose
>tag as well. I've
>already checked the website three
>times today.

Only 3?........I must have serious problems.

>Where have i seen this name
>before....

Nice choice of name!! OK, so it may have been three times while I was writing my post. I gave up applying in SE Idaho and tried for up north this time. Let's see if this changes anything. Three of us applied for the same unit so I'm hoping at least one of us draws. Good luck!!

So I called Foo&Goo and got the standard "start looking the first week in June" response. According to the gal at the desk they havent pulled the tags yet!

You guys are sure quiet today.

If we can't check the backdoor, what are we looking for? The regular results page? I keep checking everything and nothing yet.

I believe it was 10A-4 for me and two of my buddies. Used to apply for 76-1 but switched this year. Hopefully they will end the pain soon.

LAST EDITED ON May-20-13 AT 02:07PM (MST)[p]Not sure why you're sitting on pins and needles. This is straight from IDFG's Website - controlled hunt page.

Key Dates
1st CH application period April 1- 30.
Successful 1st draw applicants will be notified by June 10.
2nd CH application period June 15-25.
2nd drawing held June 30. Successful 2nd draw applicants will be notified in early July.
Leftover tags from the 2nd drawing go on sale July 10.

You can look it up here if you want:
http://www.fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/hunt/rules/?getPage=64

Pretty sure "those Gov't employees" are still way ahead of schedule. I still check a couple times a day for my sheep tag and will be very appreciative when they get the results out ahead of schedule - as they always do.

I'm sorry if DownThePipe is hogging the remote and the bag of cheetohs. Maybe if you ask real nice he'll let you flip it from SpongeBob to Days of Our Lives..........................

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

I was hoping we wouldn't get to the draw results without someone reciting the regulations to us all. So thank you for that.

They probably had to go back and count the hanging chads!!;-)

4530florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

>I was hoping we wouldn't get
>to the draw results without
>someone reciting the regulations to
>us all. So thank you
>for that.

lmfao

Don't worry, jbloom17, you don't need to add smileys, everyone else just needs to understand you have an excessively dry sense of humor.

Just talked to my local fish and game office and she said headquarters told her that results won't be out till first week of June, even online. Hopefully they are full of it, or it's gonna be a long 2 weeks!

I called and they said there is a different person in charge than in the past. I think the old person retired. So I am hopeful for this week.

I sure hope you guys are wrong. I have already about worn out my poor F5 key.....another 2 weeks and I may need a whole new computer.

a few years back when I drew ,the results where out this week of the month , then they started posting a week earler. So Iam thinking today. the people behind the counter dont know when or they just reply to what the regs say. they told me the year I drew that it would be in june ,then about 1 hour later the results where up. So good luck in the draw and this waitng game is killing me. so come on moose and sheep tags.

Talked to the Boise office. The lady who ran the draw system for years retired. So now it's a new girl running it so shes slower. I kind of see this as refreshing because the old hag before never sent me a successful email!! Haha. So here's to a new beginning hopefully!! Good luck

cant believe how much this hurts waiting and for most of us, and i mean most of us, its going to suck getting the news.

Since we've had to wait so long I'm starting to get crazy thoughts. What happens if someone draws a controlled hunt tag and then draws a Super Hunt tag for the same species? Do you get to hunt two animals in the same season? I assume you do. If your going to dream, dream Big!!

>Since we've had to wait so
>long I'm starting to get
>crazy thoughts. What happens
>if someone draws a controlled
>hunt tag and then draws
>a Super Hunt tag for
>the same species? Do
>you get to hunt two
>animals in the same season?
> I assume you do.
> If your going to
>dream, dream Big!!

yup!!! u do.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

LAST EDITED ON May-24-13 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]Holy cow. I put in as NR and it says 1 of the 2 tags went to a NR for my unit.

>Wow....no leftover Moose this year. That's
>a first.

Don't the leftovers come from tags not being purchased? Or is that just with regular tags?

Just curious if anyone has checked via the backdoor to see if they drew. There's no change on mine which I hope is not a bad thing.

>Just curious if anyone has checked
>via the backdoor to see
>if they drew. There's
>no change on mine which
>I hope is not a
>bad thing.

What is this backdoor you speak of?

It's the online license purchasing website. Once you log in it will provide a list of everything you purchased for the year. Mine still shows a line item for my application in April and nothing else. I have never confirmed it since I never drew a tag but some people say if you draw a tag it would update your tags/licenses to reflect that you got a tag. The question is whether they update that prior to releasing the results.

>>Wow....no leftover Moose this year. That's
>>a first.
>
>
>Don't the leftovers come from tags
>not being purchased? Or is
>that just with regular tags?
>

You pay upfront with Trophy tags. Leftovers are undersubscribed units.

Well we got one moose tag out of three of us so I can't complain. Hope you guys did better than me.

Well my Dad drew his moose tag, so I am super excited to help him find a good bull. My brother did not draw, so bummer there, but one tag out of two isn't bad. Let the scouting begin.

Enjoy the moment and relive the memories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom