Give Me Your Opinions ...

Founder

Founder Since 1999
OK, Easton Outfitters is our Big Buck, Big Bull, and Trophy Big Game Contests sponsor, as well as our 2014 Hunt Adventure Challenge sponsor.

As far as the Hunt Adventure Challenge, I have these prizes;
* Grand Prize: Rimrock 2P Tent
* (2) Runner-Up Prizes: Stakeout Day Pack

In the past I have limited the threads that each person shares to only their posts. No replies or comments from others. I've heard in the past that replies and comments from others should be allowed. I agree, but that does mean that rude comments could slip through. Of course I'll try to moderate it as best I can to catch those comments and delete, but it could still happen, just as with any thread on the site.

Give me your feedback on how I should do the 2014 Hunt Adventure Challenge. What about the prizes? Good stuff for sharing your adventures?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Big Buck, Big Bull, and Other Trophy Big Game Contests, here is the prize line-up for that. It's quite easy to be apart of, just share your photos here in the forums or email them to me to be posted in the contest gallery.

* Best Overall Field Photo - Rimrock 2P Tent
* Most Impressive Big Buck - Fulldraw Hunting Pack
* Most Impressive Big Bull - Fulldraw Hunting Pack
* Best Mule Deer Buck Field Photo - Fullbore Hunting Pack
* Best Bull Elk Field Photo - Fullbore Hunting Pack
* Best Any Other Species Field Photo - Stakeout Day Pack
* Best Youth Any Game Animal Field Photo - Stakeout Day Pack
* Best Archery Taken Trophy Field Photo - Hike AL3 Trekking Poles
* (2) Best At-Large Field Photos - Trajectory Shooting Sticks

I'm hoping you all share your photos and stories this year. Some sweet goodies up for grabs..........

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

The prizes look awesome to me Founder. Hopefully, I have a shot at one or more of them this year.

As far as the HAC thread, I think allowing comments is a good idea. As was discussed somewhere else previously, being able to communicate with the original poster is part of the fun. Since the HACs are personal, I think negative comments will be fewer than the average threads... But that's just me hopin for the best.

No matter what, assuming I draw my tag, I hope to be able to post a HAC this year.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Prizes look great.
However I would not allow responses, like you said the possibility of negative comments is almost guaranteed plus personally I don't want to open those threads to view hundreds of comments, I like to read the story and see pics of that individuals hunt only.
When I have a specific question I just PM that person about their hunt...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I love all comments both negative and positive. If a person has a problem with negative comments on thier post then they could send Founder a PM asking him to delete those posts. fatrooster.

The HAC threads tend to be very long, If you allow response posts then they will be even longer, Maybe allow posts only after the OP has stated specifically that they are done for the year.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-14 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]I'd like to see comments, I just don't like seeing 4000 pics and posts of things that don't have anything to do with the hunt.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-14 AT 03:47PM (MST)[p]I think allowing comments will open up a can of worms. There will be lots of hijacks and and unfortuanately lots of negative comments from individuals knit picking pictures. If participants don't like the comments they are getting they are more likely to say forget it and then stop posting. When things go south you can't delete the entire thread becase it is a HAC.

I like to check what they post and wait with anticipation for updates. I get excited when something new is posted. Comments will give me false alarms when new posts are only comments. With comments it will be tough to weed through them all to get to the meat of the thread when new info is posted.

If someone wants to comment on something, they can start a new thread in an appropriate forum.

I like comments, but I think the HAC is an appropriate place for NO comments.

The prizes look great. I think you should allow others to comment on the HAC. The comments and the dialogue are what makes the posts fun and interesting. If someone is being a prick, nuke them.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

I like the idea of having a separate thread or subforum in the HAC where people can ask questions.

i.e. "Questions for npaden" would be a separate thread from my 2014 HAC thread.

That way the folks that don't want a cluttered up HAC thread can just read a nice clean story, and those that want to ask questions or see what kind of questions others are asking can have a easy forum for that kind of thing.

I've already got a few posts I need to make.

why not open the field a little? Add a best buck for each hunting option, rifle, bow etc. I have a contact that would give you a bow for a prize on best archery buck.

The easiest way I can see to do it would be to let the poster of the HAC decide if they want replies or not.

Any other sponsors who want to be involved are welcome. I'd be thrilled to add categories and give plenty of promo for any sponsor in return.

As far as allowing posters to choose.......of course that is the best option, but I'm limited on options for technical reasons. There's only so much this website can do.

I think I'm leaning towards keeping it as it has been in the past......only thread owners can post to their thread. If replies are being posted by a bunch of followers, then any decent sized HAC thread is going to be huge and following the persons season story is going to be hard if it's loaded with questions, comments, etc. from dozens of followers.

I think if a person wants feedback on their HAC thread, they can share portions of it in other forums. You know?

I do wish I had a whole team of programmers to build the perfect setup, but of course I also wish I could just build the perfect site and take over the world like Google and Facebook. Ha ha ha

I'll get the HAC forum going for those who have begun their hunting adventures already. Keep the feedback coming!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

No comments. How will that end well when the typical person confuses General forum with Utah? Just being real re how well folks follow logic.

>No comments. How will that end
>well when the typical person
>confuses General forum with Utah?
>Just being real re how
>well folks follow logic.

Not Being a TARD must really Piss you off?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Founder, I think you got it right with your last post. Give the author the option to post his stuff up on another forum if they want comments and want to be open to the possibility of bad B S. Leave the HAV as it is now.

LAST EDITED ON May-18-14 AT 07:14AM (MST)[p]>Founder, I think you got it
>right with your last post.
> Give the author
>the option to post his
>stuff up on another forum
>if they want comments and
>want to be open to
>the possibility of bad B
>S. Leave the HAV
>as it is now.

I agree.^^^^^

And the prizes look good but I do hope more sponsors come forward.

There's always next year

Comments will only make the thread longer and harder to load. I liked when you put view counters on each thread. I figure if someone kills an animal worth bragging about they can start a normal post in the proper forum and link the pages for comments.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

I like the comments but I can see all the reasons some dont want them in the HVAC. (Don't we love auto-correct typing).
A guy would be best off posting in 2 places. One in the challenge section and another in the appropriate general forum section.
Prizes look great.
Zeke

PS; I thought you WERE bigger than google and faceslap! You're bigger to me!

I will add the counters as before.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom