Glenwood Springs CO.

armybrat

Anybody live around there that knows who owns, or guides on the ranch off of the Doterso exit atop of deep creek road by willow spring between units 34 and 25. Anybody familiar with the area might know what I am talking about, the ranch is all in unit 34
Thanks

From what I could learn last year the owners don't allow any type of hunting on that property. Looks good but I found plenty of deer and few hunters in other places in 34.

Is unit 34 all private land? I just wondered what access is like? Do all the deer move onto private for the late seasons? Thanks for any info.

Dax

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-07 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]I hate to guess percentages, but 34 is roughly 80% public--maybe more, and it's White River National Forest and BLM. The main roads in are the Deep Creek road from the Dotsero exit and another road (4WD) from Glenwood that I never did find.

If you come in from the Dotsero side you'll go through a bunch of BLM, and down in that lower country in the south east side of the unit is where I'd expect you to find the deer in the late season. I can't guarantee it since I was bowhunting, but that's my guess.

Nick

Stay away from the transfer trail road out of Glenwood if it is slick! It is a long way to the bottom from there.