Glock 22 .40 s&w

m48goat

4984image.jpg

Hey guys, I purchased this glock 22 a month ago, just haven't had time to make a post being busy with school. But I wanted to know from those of you who have glocks what mods you added to your glock, so far mine is stock. If any of you have the glock 22 or any glock id love to hear what you like or dislike about it. mines a gen 3 also. so far I've shot 400 rounds through it and has performed flawlessly! Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Goat

I have the same one. No "mods" necessary. I bought mine well used and I have cleaned it once in the last 10 years. Functions flawlessly and hits what I point it at.

The beauty of this gun is that it requires no maintenance and will always work.

I also feel safer with this gun than any other type of (chambered) gun on my belt. I absolutely know it won't go off unless I pull the trigger. Also there are no steps necessary to shoot it. Just pull it out and pull the trigger.

I have fancier pistols, beretta's, 1911's, etc. and I play with them more, but If I needed to go to war or carry a pistol daily for some reason, it would be my glock.

The only thing I was thinking about maybe changing was the mag release for maybe an extended mag release. It feels fine as is so I may just leave it.
Since I live in CA I'm limited to these 10rd mags not the standard it should come with

"I also feel safer with this gun than any other type of (chambered) gun on my belt. I absolutely know it won't go off unless I pull the trigger. Also there are no steps necessary to shoot it. Just pull it out and pull the trigger."

As opposed to what a revolver????

Yes, revolvers can get cocked. I actually knew a guy that shot himself in the leg when crawling through the brush. His hammer strap pulled off and then hammer got pulled back.

I do carry a 1911 cocked and locked, but it makes me a little uneasy. My beretta or my dads sig have external hammers that can get cocked.

This is all just my wierd way of thinking, but I do feel safest with a loaded glock on my belt as opposed to anything else. It is also the fasted for me to retrieve and fire. No safety, no cocking, etc.

Your friend must have had an older model revolver or something broke. On most modern open hammer revolvers the hammer has to be pulled back and the trigger pulled before it will fire.

I have a Ruger Super Single Six 22 that I purchased in about 1973. It was advertised at the time to be safer than other revolvers because it had a tranfer bar that prevented it from firing unless the trigger was pulled. I think the newer Smith and Wessons that I have are equipped with a hammer stop that doesn't dis-engage unless the trigger is pulled.

People do need to know what they have. About anything made before 1970 will probably fire without pulling the trigger. 1970 through 1980 models could go either way. If it will fire without pulling the trigger then you need to do the "cowboy carry" the chamber where the hammer is needs to be empty. If it's newer the cowboy carry probably isn't necessary.

Back to the origian post. I just thought of something you really do need. My brother gave me these TruGlo tritium fiberoptic sights and I have them on my Glock. They are really expensive $100, but they are the best thing there is in my opinion. I wish all my pistols had em.

Fiberoptic so they are bright in the daylight and tritium, so they are illuminated at night.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...104717880%3Bcat105574680&WTz_l=YMAL;IK-229756

On Gunbroker used Glock Model 22's are selling $400 to $500. Fifteen round Glock magazines are going for $40 to $50 each. And people are actually buying them at these prices.

Prices are up on anything high capacity.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom