Gloss Black Scopes

Captain_coues

Very Active Member
I ordered a Cooper rifle last year that should be ready in a few months. The finish will be gloss black. I was thinking about putting a gloss black scope on it because I think that will look good as it should be a real showpiece with the high grade walnut and gloss steel. It's hard finding a gloss black scope worthy of being installed. Do any of you know of a quality scope in gloss? Should I just put a matte finish scope on it? About the only thing I've found that's promising is Leupold custom shop, they can finish one however I want.

Leupold would be my choice.

I'd have a hard time ever buying a gloss scope again. they always turn purple and look like crap over time. though at 56 I may not have to worry about that anymore it takes a while.

I have matte scoped even on my high polish German MK V's and Browning Safari grade and to me they look good. maybe I'm just used to them.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

I've seen some gloss vx3 scopes go up for sale on various forums from time to time. If you don't want used, or you want something with more features then going the custom shop route is your best bet.

2a0fcsk.gif

Thanks for the replies. I have a gloss black 2-7x42 Leupold on a 257 Roberts on a 722 that is in real good shape. I might try it on and if it looks good, I'll find one from Leupold and order it up. The new rifle will be a 22 mag so I won't need too much scope but want something more modern.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom