GMU 43- 3rd rifle

Muleys24Seven

I have a GMU 43/47/471 third season rifle deer tag and can't wait to hunt Colorado for the frist time. Usually I don't plunge into a hunt without knowing the area better but I decided to take my chances and hunt instead of lay on the couch and watch football that time of year.

I've done all the general homework: Talk to biologists, forest service personel, study maps, and talk to a few locals. I think I have a fairly good idea for what to expect and plan to be there solo for 10 days.

If anyone is willing to share info that could help me out send me a PM....I would really appreciate it!

If you want to trade info I have a lot of experience in Idaho as well as region H in WY.

Hunt the edges of the private, catch them as they leave to bed up in the BLM stuff. Find the bedding area's.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks Gator, I've been looking more in the Forest Service area's and not BLM...toward Redstone. Depends on snow, but do you think I'm too high in elevation and need to be closer to their wintering grounds?

A little snow will make them move, But it take alot to move them all the way down. I would keep looking at the stuff that with in 1 miles of the fields for their bedding areas that is on FS or BLM land,I would be glassing the fields and seeing which direction they head out in the mornings and what direction they come into the fields, That will give you the idea where to start now it will be how far the travel before they bed, A place I hunt in utah, they move back into the mountain almost 2 miles before they bed down,It's about 10:30 am before they reach where I'm waiting for them( great little funnel area where about 85% of the deer move thru). Now some of those private lands have great bedding area's on them and the animals don't move off them so don't wait your time on them. Good luck and I Hope you have a good time.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

You need a BLM map...you'll be surprised at the differences in maps sold by two dif US Agencies. The BLM map shows the property lines better.
John 14:6

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom