GMU 76 Deer

Trophy_Taker

I'm making the 7 hour drive next week to scout for my muzzy hunt. Anybody willing to provide some recommendations for likely places to find monster bucks? Is HWY 149 the best (maybe only) access into the unit? I plan to trailer camp and use my ATV to access places for hike in day hunts. What is the top end for bucks in 76 and is a 180 inch buck a first day shooter?

180 deer on nearly every hunt is a shooter first day.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I know a 180 deer is a tall order, but I can't imagine that people are burning 11 points in a CO unit that doesn't have some huge bucks in it.

I understand what you are saying TT, I see people spend double digit points on a left over tag each year too.

People follow rumors and units of popularity too.
Also just the simple experience of hunting that high country is worth points to me.

With so many people having so many points, mid, decent quality units end up costing lot more points than they should, happens all over.

180 is a big buck, vast majority of hunters will not even see let alone shoot.

Good luck hope you do shoot a monster but I would only pass up a 180 buck on a couple hunts in CO.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Hunted first season elk in there last year, saw about 5 bucks with the biggest one being about 165-170.

I'll be there for the Muzzy hunt as well, with a Cow tag. I'll be scouting Labor day weekend. We should exchange info, and I'll give you info on any good bucks I see. I'll be spending alot of time glassing the high country, so I anticipate seeing a few bucks.

PM me and we can connect.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom