GO-Hunt, EPIC Outdoors or hunting fool and why ?

ZR1

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-16 AT 12:28PM (MST)[p]

Thinking about giving on a try any input appreciated.

Funny to see everyone say Epic. Agreed Jason and Adam have a good reputation, but first magazine was kinda lame and the company is brand new and will likely experience growing pains.

I think the competition will raise the ball. I am doing Huntin Fool and Epic, but go-hunt did a better job of giving new information and a little different take this past year than the others in my opinion.

Reality is they are all big enough that a change in recommendation can result in the hunt requiring a few more points to draw. Good luck in deciding which one to go with.

Huntin fool is the only one I have used. I'm sure they are all pretty close with their own pros and cons. Huntin fool sends you texts or alerts when a drawperiod is coming to close, they have the members list that you can call with previous tag holders, and a lot more tools to use. The info is pretty detailed I think for how much they cover.

All you're really doing is buying Jason and his crew a few landowner tags/guided hunts every year when you spend money for their "advice".

I dropped my huntin fool subscription before Jason and Garth left. Their service went way down hill and in the end the only "advice" I got was that (fill in state here) is covered in (fill in month here). Let's us know when you draw, we know several great guides. In the beginning they would actually talk to you about the units and the hunts. In the end...not so much.

That is why I dropped my subscription. I highly doubt epic will be any different.

I like hunters trail head. More or less simple stats that give me a starting point.

To each his/her own. Good luck this next season.

>All you're really doing is buying
>Jason and his crew a
>few landowner tags/guided hunts every
>year when you spend money
>for their "advice".

You could say the same about your financial planner.

Grizzly

Jason has answered my emails after he left the fool and was doing ridge reaper. He didn't have to and has earned my business. The fool changed drastically after Jason, Adam, and staff left. It will be Epic for me.

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-16 AT 09:41AM (MST)[p]>You could say the same thing
>about your realestate agent.... eh,
>grizz???
>
>Brady

Exactly. Or lawyer. Or Doctor. Etc...

I've got no problem paying a professional for advice, and if they can make a living off of hunting and use it to hunt more themselves... good for them.

Grizzly

People pay me everyday for my knowledge. I have no problem paying someone for there's. it's all about trust and integrity.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-16 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]>People pay me everyday for my
>knowledge. I have no problem
>paying someone for there's.
>it's all about trust and
>integrity.

Trust and integrity? I can tell you I have seen advise given about my hunting areas on both Eastman's and Huntin Fool and if you are supporting them, you're getting ripped off.

The best thing about Huntin Fool is the prior list of hunters you get. Trying to hunt multiple states, that info can be very valuable. I like the team at Epic better, but do they provide a list like Huntin Fool? I couldnt find on their website where they did.... I could call them, but thought someone here may know.

cmbbulldog, The Huntin Fool does have a huge member database. This is the main reason I stuck with them. I also think Huntin Fool has better technology. I like the website and access to the e-magazine and the texts for draw deadlines. I think they are in a position to be more innovative because they are further down the road. At the end of the day, I don't think there are that many secrets any more when it comes to the hunt draws. I have friends who use David Virostko's full service application offering or Cabelas TAGS and they are all saying the same stuff in terms of what units to put in for. I believe an organization like Huntin Fool is better positioned to deliver because it has more members reporting. HF had some turnover in terms of hunt consultants, but I think Robert Hanneman is arguably more dialed in across a variety of states an species than any advisor out there. I also think Austin Atkinson is really sharp. Trail Krietzer brings a nice perspective in terms of DIY and big game biology. I do get sick of all the solicitation from the HF for the ticket drives. I'm not sure if Wade Kelson is legit or if I'm just perplexed because I see him wearing $250 custom shirts every time he is photographed. Ha ha!

MT_Grizz.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom