go pro

patea

has anyone mounted a go pro camera to the stabilizer threads on their bow and shot a deer/elk with it. can you get decent footage or is it not worth the effort

It sucks. I didnt like it. If you are with in 10-15 yards, its great. After that, you cant see jack from it.

Go Pro video is like looking down a tunnel and all the images get distorted with distance. It is not worth doing for hunting. I would use a small Panasonic or something if you want to mount something light to your bow.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

I've been thinking about trying this. The solo hunter guys have some awesome shots using a go pro. Maybe someone on here can post some go pro videos so we can see what the quality is like.

I bought a Gopro camera a few months ago mainly to record on my kayak while fishing. The image quality is flat out amazing but it's intended more as a "selfie" type camera. It's such a wide angle lens that the subject needs to be real close.

I have videos on my computer but I haven't figured out how to edit or share on the web yet. I'm getting there though.

The no zoom is the first problem, second is once you shoot there's too much movement if your camera is attached to the bow. Inherently filming yourself will be tough to any decent footage. Solved system is one of the better ones around. I haven't bought it yet, but it lets you use any camera so you have a zoom when needed and secondly the head is way more stable through the shot. They have a bunch of sample films on their page you can see.
solvidsystems.com

For self-filming, this is the only way to go, like the guy said before me.
http://solvidsystems.com/

Watch all their videos and how legit it is. It takes discipline to use, but I've recorded some as well.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom