Goat Mount

falloutwest

Got my Mountain Goat back from the taxidermist and finally got him up on the wall. Moving mounts around is a pain!

7967dsc02448.jpg

2896dsc02449.jpg

8577dsc02450.jpg

Great looking goat. Love the full body mount. That's a good looking bull there.
Congrats on you're 2 trophies.

Eldorado

i have a wyoming mountain goat tag this year and been looking into mounts and this one is sweet. but the price tag is scaring me....

great looking mount

Beautiful mounts. I don't feel bad for you having to move your mounts around.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Nothing dresses up a bare wall like a couple trophies! This looks like my kind of interior decorating. I love it!

Congratulations on your billy. The mount looks fantastic too!

Zeke

Thanks for all the coments. Nfh, the price tag is a bit scary but I think full body is the only way to go with a goat. Start saving now! Fullcurl, good eye. Although in talking to my taxidermist,a white hoof isn't as rare as I thought it would be.

Nice mount. I like that pose, walking down hill. It really accents the beard and looks like its coming to say hi to someone in the room. The goat I got last year also had a white hoof, I thought it was pretty rare but apparently not.

Nice job.

As you can imagine by my previous post I liek them, but I am wondering what kind of angle does a person think a taxidermist could mount a goat at. I have seen picture of sheep that look like they are going straight up an almost 90 degree rock face. Could a Taxidermist mount something like that? Depends on the taxidermist?

The biggest limiting factor with goats is the number of forms available. With sheep, there are a lot more form choices and therefore, a lot more pose options. I think to do something like that with a goat, you would need a taxidermeist that is good a cutting and manipulating forms. That usually costs extra but with the right person, the possibilities are almost endless. The form for this mount had its head turned the other way so my taxidermist had to cut and adjust the head and neck to fit what I wanted.

Actually, he was aged at only seven. Knowing what I know about bighorn sheep (never aged a goat) and looking at his horns, I think that is pretty close. He was pretty good sized for his age.

HA! I believe you are right! Now that is funny because I was dialed in on age from the first time I read that. Sorry, my bad. He was right at 9 inches.

A taxi can do about anything you want if he has the experience. I did a raccoon with almost 20 hours of alteration and a porcupine I am competeing in Idaho with that has close to 15 hours. But it is not cheap true Art is never cheap remember that

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom