Goats near Humbolt Nat'l Forest?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I got drawn for 132-134, 245 antelope and I'm researching the different areas in these units. I really want to enjoy this hunt and I like the idea of hunting in more eye pleasing country than just sage flats. I've noticed that there are some pretty decent elevation changes near Humbolt Nat'l Forest. Are there goats in this area in the flats down off the mountains? That is the kind of area I'd really like to hunt. Also, what do you think about the Pancake Range area just east of Warm Springs? Any info would help me out! Thanks in advance.

Steve

There were some goats transplanted into Garden and Coal Valleys in January of this year. There are some guzzlers down in there where they might be getting water in August. Also, it wouldn't surprise me to find some higher up in the toe slopes of the mountains near water. I don't think a camp at Cherry Creek would be a bad idea for that unit. Also, I have seen some goats in the Pancakes North of Lunar Crater.

Hope this helps,

Marcial

i wouldnt over look 245. i was traveling through there last week and saw two bucks from the highway that were close to 15 maybe 16 inches tall. there were several cows in the area too i think they were just coming off the water.

Congrats on the tag!! I got lucky too. In my unit, the country I'm planning on huntin is mule deer looking country. Steep mountains with small, flat basins filled with springs. Like you're thnking, don't overlook the higher country.

I hunted this unit with a friend in 91, and drew in 92. I was initially amazed @ the number of animals up that high.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom