Gobbler Guillotine?

lchcguide

Just curious if anyone has had the opportunity to use this crazy looking turkey killer. I am thinking about trying it out this spring here in NM and Oklahoma. The videos on this broadhead are unbelievable, but the videos do not show it all. Who has had luck with these things, and who has had nightmares with them.

I want to shoot one just to shoot one. Im thinkin about buyin one and shootin some rabbits with it becauase Im not much of a avid turkey hunter.

Timberline

I shot a gobbler last year in Upstate New York with one. Left his head dangling by a thread. Also last year I went on a partnered hunt in North Carolina and my buddy blasted a gobbler with one and had the same outcome. The kicker is we both shoot longbows. I had to do some fine tuning. I liked the way it shot. I've killed 5 birds with the stick and only one of those with the guillotine. I'm sold on it now...give it a try.

I have not personally shot this head but I did some research on it last year and I found out that if you are shooting a fast compound bow for elk or deer you will have to tone it way down to shoot these heads accurately if at all. Also you will need to buy an arrow with a real stiff shaft because there is so much flex with that huge head. I decided that it was to much messing around so I just use my normal hunting heads.

I have a friend who is one of the top turkey guides in Oregon and he insists his clients don't use them. They are a cool idea, anything short of perfect is a wounded bird.

I used the Guillotine last spring. I hit a turkey at the base of the neck. The turkey got away and the Guillotine had two broken blades and one bent one. I went back to my regular broadheads.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-08 AT 05:34PM (MST)[p]theres a video of it on youtube its pretty sweet

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom