Gold Tip weight inserts for improved accuracy and KE

Trad Bow 1979

Just wanted to get some thoughts.
Hoyt Charger: 29" draw at 70 pounds
Gold Tip Hunter Pros 340 spine at 28.5" 3"vanes w/right helical
100 grain Slick Tricks (Standard)

Just wondering if you guys think putting a few Of those FACT weights in this arrow could improve broad head accuracy. I understand that if you put too much weight up front you can overdo the FOC or then the arrow may not be the proper spine. I just want to get this thing shooting a little better at 50 or even 60 yards. What do you guys think? Im really not worried about the KE cause I have had two pass thrus on an elk in the past two years. So Im not worried about that, just tighten up the groups.

82: IMO i would not start creating more up front weight....At those distances its all about practice, form, wrist, release and follow through....any little thing will effect groups at the longer ranges...
My method to get nice groups out to 70yds......close to hunting season shooting 60 arrows per day...be so comfortable that you can do it almost with your eyes closed.....most important is wrist, release and follow through.....a smooth release, looking through my peep release then keep looking at the pin to target well after the arrow has left the rest....thats the follow through.....thats how I get my tightest groups...thats what works for me...I tought my Son and Grandson this method we all shoot softball groups to 60yds.....on a good day can shoot a 50cent 5 shot group at 50yds and 6 inch groups at 70yds.....practice....practice....Practice...Oh one more thing.....after a few warm up shots....start shooting 50yds....if good results then go to 60, then 70....etc. shoot those longer yardages when your fresh....not tired form lots of shooting....when hunting you do not get any warmup shots....so after you make sure your release and follow through are dialed in start shooting the longer ranges with no warm ups....play real hunting conditions...practice those longer shots in the wind...and rain.....amazing what a 20mph wind does to an arrow at 50-60yds.....for me its about 6 inches wind drift....2" Blazer vanes is all we will shoot....

Good Luck,

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom