Golden Trout Wilderness

bullskin

Very Active Member
I had scheduled a backpacking trip out of Pine Creek at the beginning of August, but am concerned about the snow since this is a family affair and my wife will not appreciate eight days in the snow while the kids fish. Contacted the Forest Service and the gal I spoke to indicated that they expected to "open" in August of 2024, whatever that means. Has anyone been high enough on the hills to predict whether or not the trails will be safe? I am Northern Ca and cannot check for myself. Thank you.

What is your trip’s itinerary? Snows holding pretty good up high from what my buddy said. I’m unfamiliar with the pine creek trailhead if golden trout wilderness.

The only snow is suspect might be if your going out over cottonwood pass

What is your trip’s itinerary? Snows holding pretty good up high from what my buddy said. I’m unfamiliar with the pine creek trailhead if golden trout wilderness.

The only snow is suspect might be if your going out over cottonwood pass

Our entry date is August 2, I believe. Our destinations include Birchim Lake, Granite Park Lake, Honeymoon Lake, Royce Lakes, Paris Lake, Moon Lake, Steelhead L. and French Lake. That is, if we go at all. I am trying to determine whether there is too much snow to avoid camping on it...

it’ll be snowy on the north sides. I was up in that area after the last big snow year and there was plenty around but also plenty of snow free places. Hit the passes mid day as im sure there will be snow micro spikes are nice to have. Beautiful area

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom