Good Beginner Bow?

150fighter

Hey everybody, looking to get into archery next year. Been checking out some bows and decided that I'm not ready for a $700 Hoyt bow. I am a left handed shot, draw length is 28 inches, and I can pull back my dads bow which is set at 65 pounds (with difficulty however) I found this deal on cabelas website and was wondering if any of you guys have this bow.

thanks

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat600266&hasJS=true

hey 150
i owned that exact bow. Good bow....the problem is that you will find in time that you want a better bow. i sugest that you buy the bow you wish you could have. Great bows are no more difficult to shoot and you will not have to run out and buy another bow in a years time. buy the hoyt bow if you want it. as for the weight you will strengthen up in time again buy the bow that fits what you will be hunting..eg elk ,probably 60-70 is what you want. the pse is a decent bow but make sure you can live with it for a while so you become comfortable with it and learn to shoot properly. Remember a bow is like a gun the more comfortable you are the better you will shoot it. Hope this helps and good hunting

Unless you live next to cabelas, I would suggest you look towards the local archery shops first, they will help you set up your bow, paper tune it etc and get you way further ahead then mail ordering a bow, unless you have worked on them before and no a bit. Also local shops are better to deal with on warrenty issues etc.

Hey 150,
I Shoot a pse and I love it. No reason for me to look any farther. Like flea bitten said, check your local archery shop.
they will help you get set up. I am also left handed so you'll be a heck of a shot!!!!

Their are alot of good bows out their, so try a few and make sure it feels comfortable in your grip.

If I were you I would go down to the local shop and shoot everything they have. The bow thats suits you may cost $350 or it might cost $750. The important thing is that its comfortable for YOU!!! A $700 bow may not feel right to you. If you have a tight budget shoot 5 different bows within your budget. Then pick one. BUT just like they say with optics, buy something just above your price range because its worth it. Nowadays what your getting with a pricey bow is adjustability or the how adjustable it is without taking it to the pro-shop. With a cheaper bow there aren't alot of things you can change without a bowpress. And a good bow mech isn't cheap and either is a bowpress in the garage! Just a few things to think about.

Donnie

150, I bought a new bow this year - and I'm on a tight budget. Started with the Reflex Grizzly (made by Hoyt, check 'em out), as it was Outdoor Life's "Best Buy" last year at $299. Found I preferred the Buckskin, slightly pricier. I did, however, go with the very best components. I'm extremely pleased. I agree with most of what you've seen here, except I'd say shoot ALL the bows you can, regardless of price; I found that really helped my confidence when I did buy the "cheap" bow, because I knew it suited me well REGARDLESS of the price.

Dang good bow. I used to shoot a fireflite. I would try and stick with a local shop on the first bow purchase, they can help you out with set up and any questions. If you have someone that can set it up for you then go for Cabelas.

Thanks everybody for the comments. Going to Calgary after Christmas so I'll check out the bows they have there, I'll also check my local shop out.

I have that exact bow. I got it for christmas last year and it is my first bow. It is a great beginners bow and i will probably get something better in a couple years. I put a trophy taker drop away on it and i love it. I shot my first deer with it this year and it worked perfect. It is just a doe but i am happy with my first kill. It was awesome.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom