Good bye, my friend; you left us too soon...

CAelknuts

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-14 AT 07:30AM (MST)[p]To quote Wiszard's tag line...

"Don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat."

This is so very true. Yesterday, my son and I attended the funeral of a friend, Marcus, who died suddenly and unexpectedly on the evening of November 2nd while deer hunting in central Nevada. His funeral was attended by so many and you'd have to go to a big rodeo to see more cowboys.

Marcus was accompanying his best friend, Josh, who had a good Nevada deer tag. They had finished dinner and were getting ready for bed. Josh went outside to turn off the generator and when he came back inside the trailer, he found Marcus collapsed and was unable to resuscitate him. Marcus died without warning from a brain aneurysm.

Marcus leaves behind a loving wife and 2 young daughters, as well as his parents and brother. He was a successful, hard working cattle rancher, the latest generation of a ranching family that goes clear back to the gold rush period in El Dorado County. He was an avid, and damned good, deer hunter, horseman and true friend to so many. And he was taken from us way too young. He was only 40 years old.

Kiss your wife, hug your kids and don't ever neglect to tell them you love them. It can all be gone without warning. Live each day fully and without regret. We lost a damned good man way too young.

VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, AND HIS FAMILY'S LOSS AS WELL. HE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL STAND UP TYPE OF FELLA. THE KIND OF GUY I LIKE TO HUNT WITH........TIME WILL HEAL. TAKE ER EASY.............................YD.

That's just a tough thing to handle right there!
Sorry for your loss of one of the "good guys"!
Zeke

CAelknuts, please pass our condolence on to the family. Hopefully time will help heal their grief and heartache.

RELH

Sorry to hear it!

Damn Tough Deal Right there!

Gonna Play Him a Song!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Dan, that's pretty tough to deal with and even harder to come to grips with and understand. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom