Good day and 1/4

Stonefly

Very Active Member
After allot of walking around looking for sheds and not finding much, decided to try out some of the flies i'v spent the winter tieing. Got both the boys to commit, and hit the Provo. It was a really good day, warm and cloudy and the fish were hungry. We all did well and about 2:00 the hatch was on. my oldest boy soon had caught several browns on top. the youngest son caught "fish of the day" another brown, 24", on a beatis nymph. We had a pick nick lunch and watched a Mink eat a dead Teal across the river from us.
My grandson really was down because he wanted to go fishing with us. He is 8 and wants to fly fish with grandpa. so the next day took off work an bit early and scooped up and old rod out of the basement and took him to Thistle creek. After allot of untangling,and broken tippets, he finally caught his first fish on the fly, a 10" cut throat. I was really surprised to see a cut throat, usually only browns where I like to fish. Was even happier when after he had released it and we walked back to the truck . we started driving home and he said "LOOK! thats the hole my fish lives in" I'll bet in 10 years he will remember that hole his fish lives in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom