Good Headlamps

Tank

I am in need of a good headlamp for hunting. I have used the led headlamps in the past, but didn't care for the color of light. Maybe it was just that brand, I don't know. I backpack in at night most often, so I would like a lamp that has some power when needed, but can also used on lower power settings to conserve batteries. Does anybody have first hand experience with a good headlamp?

Tank: We use the Princeton Tec, 4 mode LED headlamp. about $35.00 at REI. great light, very bright, has low, med, high, and flashing mode. This headlamp gives off a very bright white light. About 60 hrs. burn time on high. When we trail walk the light is so bright we usually use it on low or med, never had to use the high beam unless looking off into the distance etc. Most good quality headlamps these days give off a white light. The older technology LED's give off a blue light.

If you want a great hand held LED try the Princenton TEC IMPACT XL, 100 hrs. burn time with great power and bright white light.
REI,$35.00.

Both are great backcountry LED flashlights. They are a little pricy but you only need to purchase them one time...they last forever, high quality LED flashlights.

))))......>

Maybe it's just me but I do not see any significant added benefit in buying an expensive headlamp over a semi-decent one. I have used a $20 Energizer brand LED head lamp that i bought at Home Depot for the last 5 years that has done the job just fine. Flashlights have come a long way in recent years and they don't have to cost an arm and leg anymore to have a good one. Sure you can get lighter, but the additional weight is immaterial in my opinion.

Petzl!!

I also carry one that I bough from Walmart that is an energizer brand. It is very bright and also has a red light on it. And was like 12-15 bucks

YOUR FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

I have recently ordered one off of ebay and it blows all the headlamps I have ever used away and was only $20 with 2 rechargable batteries and the charger and headlamp. It is a 5w LED that has an adjustable lens so you can make it a tight spot or a large flood. It has 3 modes on it one is full power and one is low and then a strobe. I am telling you its the best cheapest light you can buy. I sent you a link that has about 20 something pages of review on the light. It also has the link to the light.

Check out the Coast H7 or H7r

Infinate brightness and variable beam led, blows most head lamps away easily.

Also check out the Surefire saint minimus

For a good economical bright headlamp look at the princton tec eos.

Thanks for the information guys! It probably saved me from buying 2 or 3 lamps I would have thrown away.

Cabellas outfitter for reading maps and in camp, Petzil Tikka with red and green lenses for hiking in the dark during hunts. Both use AAA batteries and I use rechargeables w/ regulars as back up. Never out in the dark anymore.

Save yourself a few bucks and get the energizer brand from Walmart. 15 bucks. I've been using them for about 5 years and they are bright and dependable. A set of batteries lasts a long time. It is barely bigger than a golf ball. If you loose it or break it so what - you're only out 15.

The energizers from walmart really are a great light for the $13 bucks you pay, and thats coming from someone who has used $35 lamps. The only down side to the walmart energizer is the switch. It's a sliding switch and it can and does easily slide to the on position while in your pack thus killing the battery without you ever knowing it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom