Good luck, Bohntr ...!

Lv2hnt

Very Active Member
Roy:

I just remembered your archery hunt for the Strip starts this Friday. Travel safe, keep hydrated, and stay focused (that big one is there, you just have to find him!). Can't wait to hear the good news on your return ...

Shoot straight (as always!) ...

Lv2hnt

Hey thanks Tom.....leaving for the Strip on Wednesday.....after that hunt is over, I'm heading to Colorado for some high country mule deer action. See you boys in about three weeks.

BOHNTR )))---------->

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-08 AT 05:59PM (MST)[p]Roy called me this morning... 15 minutes into his hunt and he has a 31" 4x4 down. Spot and stalk. He said it grosses 192 and should net 187. He's heading to Colorado to kill a bigger one!! I'll let him tell the rest when he returns. Ed F

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowuntr

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-08 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]I had the honor to help Roy on this once in a lifetime hunt. I had never met Roy until Thursday evening. We had only chatted through e-mail or pm. In the short time we hunted together I realized what a great hunter and person he was. All though it was a short lived hunt it is one that all people involved will never forget. I will let Roy tell the rest of the story. Final score 197 7/8 gross and 192 4/8 Net. Thanks again Roy.

www.atfirstlightguides.com

It was definitely a FUN hunt......all 15 minutes of it! :) I've always said I'm one of the luckiest bowhunters around. I think Kory knows what I mean now.

Met some GREAT guys (Kory, Garrett, and Brady) who are now my friends. They made my very first guided experience nothing like what I expected......no pressure, let me hunt (stalk), listened to my jibber jabber after the buck was on the ground.....heck, it was just like hunting with long time hunting buds. I'll post up some photos and some details as soon as I can get them downloaded.

For any bowhunter that ever gets drawn for the Strip and needs some help in that vast country, Kory Bundy's crew is second to none, IMO.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Roy,
Thanks for everything. I am glad to hear you made it home ok. What does your family think of your trophy? I just finished burning the pictures to CD's. Thanks again for allowing us to tag along and have fun. Great hunts come because of great clients. I will never forget this hunt and how much fun we had, or garrett's new house in Cedar City :) C-YA when you come through town from Colorado, and it doesn't matter what time it is.

Kory Bundy
At First Light Guides

Here's some photos of the buck. Kory probably has some better ones, as I think he took over 170? :) Hope you enjoy them.

AZ_Strip_Hunt_021.jpg

AZ_Strip_Hunt_029.jpg

AZ_Strip_Hunt_038.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

WOW - what a great buck, congrats to you. He sure is W I D E looks like hes got really good back forks as well. Thanks for the pictures.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Incredible that he's already rubbed clean. Congrats on a monster!

Cheers,
pete

Congrats Roy on a great buck! Now I wouldn't have bet against you getting a great deer on the strip but I sure would have bet you wouldn't have done it so quickly! Good things come to those that wait. Good luck on your Co. trip it looks like you've kicked this year off in style! Go get em!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom