Good Luck on July off range oryx!!!

BioHazrdMan

I know there are at least a couple MM members that have the July off range oryx hunt. Good Luck!!! Shoot a big one and take lots of pics! It keeps the rest of us sane seeing some hunting pics till our hunts come up! Mine is in December offrange...

Oh yeah, and try to stay cool and not start any fires!!! :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-11 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]BioHazrdMan....Got the truck loaded last night and sitting here at work ready to leave at High noon!!! Gona hit it hard till Monday evening!!! Good Luck to all you guys and I hope you packed some Gatorade, it's gona be HOT ONE!!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

My boys drew this hunt last year. Man was it ever hot! Both boys had shot opportunities and we filled one of the two tags.

Best of luck to everyone!

Just got back from Day 1. Sighted in a nice bull at 200 yards and then noticed he was behind a stupid WSMR white sign, no go. Took my finger off the trigger and watched him graze. What an awesome animal. Next time my friend....next time.

Funny, those animals KNOW where that fence is and that they are safe(r) behind it. The last offrange one I got was headed to the fence when I got him!

Better luck next time!!!

True, I swear I saw him sticking his tongue at me. Hey, I figure that's part of the fair chase. Plus I got a whole month to bring home some meat for the family.

We were hunting off range oryx a few years ago and got into a group of 4 with a cow that had about high to mid 30s inch horns. They took off running and once they crossed that fence they came to a dead stop and looked right at us and then they slowly walked off.

Man it is dry out here my dad has a goat hunt coming up
I drove around the north side of stallion,Also burnt through a
tank of gas.didnt see an oryx track not even a goat

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-11 AT 07:37AM (MST)[p]BioHazrdMan.. Hit it hard down around Engle and found everything but Oryx sign..including Tarantulas, Rattlesnakes, Box Turtles, Antelope, Deer, Buffalo, Coyotes, Eagles and a bazillion Jackrabbits!!! Drove through the back way from Engle to the Fyte Ranch and finally saw some FRESH tracks and droppings at one of the fence crossings on the Stallion fence line... the Rains have started so tracking will be alot easier... 787 miles from the first tank of gas to the time we pulled in at my home... is it Friday yet?!?!?!?

Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

That has been our experience as well. Gone for a few days gonna try again next weekend.

It will take some luck. Have seen some fresh tracks off range, but, they head straight back to the range after hitting a drinker.

This could be in the black of night for all I know. I think some rains will move them around a little and into some other areas.

They are out there. My second trip I ran into 4 (1 year old, 2 year old and Mom and Dad). Crept within 350 yards of them and they spotted me and took off for the range. I ran to my truck and headed to the fence, driving rally style 50 miles per hour, to scare them back onto legal land, but they beat me by about 30 seconds. They literally hopped the fence stopped about 60 yards away and looked at me. Time to change my strategy.

jebhunter...You're doing pretty good! I bet that was exciting trying to race them back to the fenceline, it's just matter of time before you will have one down for the count. I will be out again Fri, Sat, Sun... sure glad gas prices went down a bit!! LOL!!

Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom