Good Luck!

CHWino_1

Good luck to all of my A zone rifle hunting buddies across the state. This will be one of our biggest crews to hunt the opener in many years. We'll be pushing some larger areas and will have more shooters to cover the escape routes. I pity any stray hogs that get kicked up on some of these hunts as we'll have some blood thirsty men in their 20's sitting on the trigger.

Our annual bocce tourney should be quite fun with this big a crowd too.

9091big_boar_8-13.jpg

This one got in the way last year on opening morning.

Yes! Good luck to you A Zone hunters one and all.

I truly miss the days of hunting the A zone out of Livermore. I'd have at least a dozen bucks patterned and the biggest of them had my name on him. Those were fun times!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

good luck to all of you! i can't wait for opener! have some bucks were hoping to pull the trigger on! hopefully we find them

Goat

Opening day wasn't great as we didn't see a decent buck with some of our deer drives. Had a ton of fun with the $5 entry bocce tourney (which I won) and just a great time around the fire pit telling stories. There were 5 guys in their 50's and three between 16 and 25. The young men and the old guys. Us old guys laid down some serious knowledge (some of it even true).

This morning's hunt was one of our tried and true pushes called the Y canyon. Two bucks went down on this hunt. My 13 year old fox terrier Peewee pushed a good buck to one of the young men who made a great shot. These little dogs can be great. She's slowed down quite a bit the past few years but still knows what to do.
2763dog.jpg

There will be a few more pics in the coming days as I wasn't at the good photo shoot. Both of these are great deer for our area. The 5x5 (4 pointer with eyeguards) is one of the better bucks taken off this property.
1245deer.jpg

Here's a pic of one of the thousand year old redwood trees where we play bocce ball. We feel very lucky to have this time together. Harvest begins this week and we might not get together again the rest of our 5 week season.
2515tree.jpg

Checked my trail camera near my house at a spring. Water is hardly flowing from areas that usually have plenty.
3636029.jpg

6557033.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom