Good News For Dems

>More Americans think the Dems have
>a better approach to healthcare
>than the Repubs.
>
>http://news.yahoo.com/americans-inc...are-reuters-ipsos-poll-220803137--sector.html
>
>In another positive sign for Dems,
>the government will be saving
>$104 billion than originally thought.
>
>
>http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatc...tion/203464-cbo-lowers-o-care-cost-projection
>
>Looks like Obamacare wont sink the
>party after all.
>
>Eldorado
Your better off going to Wall Mart and get a first Aid Kit

If the republicans can't pin a plan to help those who can't afford healthcare on the dems they have nothing to run on this fall.

WTF ? trying to help people is what dooms you? only in america.

Stay thirsty my friends

Anyone want to bet the numbers released so far might just be a little exagerrated? Let's wait until the real numbers get leaked from the major insurance companies before we do the happy dance.

I guess you can claim anything but go look at the polls and the bad news for Obamacare hasn't even stopped yet. Wait for the groups plans to straight to come apart.

I will bet you right now that the Republicans hold the house and pick up seats in the Senate.

Nemont

That's the way it works. ACA is like smoking cigarettes. At first it tastes crappy but the more you do it the more you like it, even though it will eventually kill you.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-14 AT 03:19PM (MST)[p]I didn't say the republicans won't take the senate, I said it's ironic that helping people get health care is what the republicans will use to beat them. rather than work to fix the problems the republicans have managed to demonize the party who wants to see every american have health care. I'm not saying it was a good plan, but the intent was definetly good and it shows how fickle people are.

The republicans holding both houses is the best thing that could happen to the dems in 2016. just saying no won't work when you have power. Hillary might have full control in her first term.

Stay thirsty my friends

I guess that is what elections are for.

Hillary is vulnerable from her left and she is a democrat hawk. Hawks don't fair well in the primary when the have a voting record like Hillary.

If she is nominated and wins, she better have more on the ball then she showed a Sec. of State because that record is long on miles traveled and almost completely devoid of any accomplishments.

Highly unlikely the Democrats take back the House in 2014 and the Senate won't have enough seats in play in 2016 to see how the dems recapture if they lose the majority in 2014.

Lots of time left the Republicans to screw up completely by nominating unelectable candidates with whack job positions though.

Nemont

http://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2014/senate-model/

1283eagle_government.jpg

It's safe to say the republicans will nominate a far right idiot . they tried the most mainstream candidates they had in the last two elections and lost. odds are rather than figure out it was because they were still too far to the right they'll figure they weren't far enough to the right.

Why does Hillary have to make great accomplishments ? just because she's female we can expect more? what did Bush or Obama do that dazzled anyone? all she has to do is punch the clock like the rest of them.

I predict the republicans will take the senate and by 2016 they're going to pay a price for it. give them a single shot and one shell and they have an ability to shoot both feet without fail.

Stay thirsty my friends

Bush was a successful Governor of the state of Texas. Obama was the anti Bush who had the gumption to vote against the Iraq war and stated so every time a microphone was thrust in his face.

Hillary has done nothing, other then be Bill's long suffering wife. I don't care if she is a woman just like I don't care what Obama's ethnic background is, what I care about is their policies. I could live with Hillary but the country will not be able to operate effectively with her at the helm because she is too divisive, period.

She is not an effective leader, leaders have accomplishments to which they point. Hillary has nothing other then she was born a woman. Not her fault.

Nemont

Well over half the country and Robert Gates disagree with you.

What have the republicans who are running done that's so impressive?

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-14 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]

Which Republican will be a lock to get the nomination if they decide to run like Hillary will for the left? Doesn't matter until the candidate emerges. Hillary has been running since 2007, which Republican has done the same?

When the candidate emerges then the spot light will be on them to explain their accomplishment. I wonder which one will have been a Senator and a Sectary of State without any accomplishments?

Robert Gates is as entitled to his opinions as any other American, he is a stand up guy who did what the nation called on him to do, doesn't make his opinion any more or less important.

He also said VP Cheney was wiser and more thoughtful then Cheney's public image portrayed. So if we are going to accept Gates opinions as facts let's start there and see how that squares with your world view.

In his book, Gates never listed a single accomplishment of Hillary's rather he said "?I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world.?

Then he goes on to explain how she disappointed him:

But she disappointed him one day in a Cabinet meeting when she admitted that as a U.S. senator, she had opposed the surge in troop strength in Iraq because she was running against Obama in the Democratic Party primary in Iowa.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-14 AT 03:30PM (MST)[p]
Why would you bring up Cheney? what did he do to dazzle you?

What did you expect Clinton to do in congress or as SS ? I respect Colin Powell very much but other than get duped into a fake war set up what did he do any better? what did either Bush do that made them sure bets for a great president? you're setting a standard that does not exist.

Who gets in the whitehouse depends on electoral voter, he/she who gets the most wins. if it mattered who deserved it both parties would have to regroup and start all over.

Unless the republicans pull a rabbit out of the hat this is over. she's been through the mill and survived, can't say that for her opposition, Christie is back again, what are his chances? zero. I say if a republican exists who could beat her they won't ever win the nomination because they aren't stupid enough.

Latest FOX poll.

http://pollingreport.com/wh16gen.htm

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-14 AT 03:59PM (MST)[p]

Colin Powell didn't run for the White House. He was a black man who rose through the ranks of a lilly white officer Corps to become the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. The top dog in the U.S. military. He helped GHWB win a massive victory in the First Gulf War and he was honorable enough to know when he should bow out rather then compromise his integrity.

Bush Senior has a very long and distinguished list of accomplishments in public life including being a real life war hero in WWII.

Bush Jr. was a successful Governor of Texas, go look at his record down there, especially in bringing the Latino votes to his side. Suppose any Republican could use a few Latino votes now. Unfortunately GWB's Spanish was better then his English usually.

I brought up Cheney because you are saying Robert Gates opinion of Hillary is different then mine and that his opinion is right, I suspect your opinion of Cheney would be far different then Gates, yet if Gates opinion of Hillary has to be taken as fact then so does his opinion of Cheney. Are you willing to state that Cheney was wise and thoughtful?

I don't care what the Republicans do, they aren't Hillary. She has not accomplished anything of note, period.

You may want to look at which side has started the "Hillary has not accomplishments" argument. It didn't start with me so it isn't my standard. Spend a few minutes looking at who is saying and who is saying it the loudest. I will give you a hint, there are a couple of other people who would like to have a shot at the Democratic nomination and their proxies are out making waves.

So it is my standard because I would vote for Hillary regardless of what she ran for. We don't need any more Bush's in office nor do we need any more Clinton's in office.

So pretend like I made up this standard if that helps you but it remains a fact she is long on problems and short on accomplishments.

I suspect the Republicans have not learned much and she may end up as president and I suspect her record will not show any accomplishment in the White House Either.

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom