Good Odds Bighorn Sheep : Idaho

AAA

Now that I am a resident of Idaho, I am able to take advantage of the decent sheep draw odds to continue my slam. I am young enough to be able to sheep hunt, so I am trying to do it before I get too old! *No offense to max point holders out there...

I am looking for hunting partner(s) to team up in sort of a DIY sheep hunt. We would basically just apply individually for a chosen unit in Idaho's wilderness for a sheep tag until one of us draws, or both of us. Then we have a buddy to help plan the hunt logistics with and accompany eachother on the hunt.

Draw odds for non-residents are overall about 0.5%, not great, but possible. Draw odds for residents range between 11% and 30% chance.

Let me know if anyone is interested in teaming up.

- Austin A Atkinson
www.AAAOutdoors.com

Good idea, and you CAN get it done on those REMOTE hunts, but they are Damn remote!
If you draw let us know.

My Father in Law drew an Idaho sheep tag last year, we had a ball.
It was not in the Backcountry, but was still demanding.

Check out his video, and good luck!!

Yes I Just watched that video on YouTube. What is your review of the Mile High Outfitter guys? I assume that was 36B, but I'm looking for something with better draw odds than that unit. Thanks for the post!

pm me I would love a partner on a sheep hunt and being a taxidermist I am handy with a knife lol

In 04 I drew 20-1 as a non-resy, after 3 years. I am not sure but it has changed and was absorbed by another unit.Tough hunt I know how to hunt it now much easier. Good luck.JB

>Yes I Just watched that video
>on YouTube. What is
>your review of the Mile
>High Outfitter guys? I
>assume that was 36B, but
>I'm looking for something with
>better draw odds than that
>unit. Thanks for the
>post!

I guided for Mile High a few years back and Travis is top-notch. He actually has two areas including a great backcountry section with good draw odds on sheep (I want to say 25%). The rams aren't huge (160's) but you'll get one. Contact Travis if you're interested and he can help you out with what unit to apply for.

Hey AAA, pm me if you'd like. I applied for sheep this season an will continue to til I draw it. (Got a good feeling about this season tho) Who knows what might happen... :) I know it's already after the draw deadline, but figured I'd post up anyways...

Sounds good Juan! Best of luck to all that are in the draw! Time will tell who will have sheep tag this year.

If you draw a back county unit / wilderness. Travis Bullock is the guy to connect with. He knows the areas well, and watches sheep there regularly.
I hope you get a tag! best of luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom