Good Oryx Harvest

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Had a blast this weekend as many a hunting buddy seemed to be in the field. The weather was cold and windy yesterday morning so we didn't get into many animals. I was fortunate enough to connect on this solid old cow late in the morning while hunting with a couple of buddies many of you know well. Oryx sure are neat animals to hunt and are even better to chase with good company (see Bighouse's post). Had a great season hunting with friends and family and looking forward to the upcoming draw for more opportunity. Good luck to everyone, including everybody I may have butted heads with on this site in the coming oryx draw. Kevin, Chris and Paul, it was good seeing you guys this weekend. Jordan and Jason (and Vega), thanks for helping me get it done my friends.
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Good luck in the draw,

Cody

Nice job Cody. I need me a oryx and barbary hunting dog like that.

He seems to be in on some good kills.

Cody,

Nice trophy Oryx man! Looks like you had great company too. How long were the horns? Was that a badge hunt? Hunting those critters is too much fun. Good luck in the draws.

Thanks guys, I had a blast on this hunt. She was a bit over 37" (Steve you are the man) and has awesome bosses like Kevin's big bull. We only saw 2 animals all day and made it count on this old cow at 250 yards. I'm pretty bummed that all my hunts and my friend's and family's hunts are over for the year. But, here's wishing you all good luck at midnight tomorrow! I drew 2 oryx tags and killed oryx in 3 years so I'm hoping a little luck carries over into this draw...
-Cody

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom