good recurve?

blazingsaddle

I am in the market for a good recurve. Any one tell me what one they recommend? I have been told the Hoyt Gamemaster II is a good one but I'm not sure that I like the looks of the synthetic material. I love the looks of wood when it comes to traditional archery. It fits the role of "traditional" better.
I know some can cost a grand plus, which I don't want to spend quite that much. How much does one have to spend to get a good bow. I do not need the best , but do not want bottom barrel.
Thanks in advance

Bear recurves are a great deal for the money. The Grizzly is a heck of a bow for what it costs.

i bought a bear grizzly this winter and really enjoy it. this is my first recurve so i dont have any thing to compair it to but i like it i shoot it almost every day. it definately is going to take more practice before im ready to hunt with it. it is comfortable and affordable.

Bear Grizzly....Been shot by my family for years and never any complaints. Very good looking bow and extremely lightweight.

~ERock

Thanks guys for the help-
Its hard to find reviews on recurves- there are a lot of bows out there, but very few people shoot them.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-09 AT 09:18AM (MST)[p]Fox bows,, Blacktail bows,,RER bows,,
Centaur bows. Now those are some great custom bows..MBM is also on the spot with Bob lee,,and checkmate both fine bows..
Widows,, Bears,, are ok but just run of the mill factory bows..
If you plan to hunt with it i suggest a takedown,, you wont be sorry..
Also if you want to be the best shot possible and advance very quickly, Get the video masters of the barebows 3,, Simple nononsence archery basics..If you follow there simple instructions you will be whacking the bullseye like it owes you money,,In less than a month..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom