Good Times Cow Hunting

A

aablad

In case you were wondering, we did not set up camp on the moon although it seemed like it. We dubbed it camp desolation.
7878dsc01353.jpg

This hunt was the most interesting hunt I have ever been on. This was my 2nd choice hunt and had never been to the unit due to the demands of nursing school needless to say as soon as we got to the unit we realized we would be hunting for elk in the wide open plains. We set up camp desolation and went to bed. first thing in the morning we spotted a heard of 6 about 2 miles away. The elk were feeding down into a little bowl so my Dad and I knew the window to sneak on these elk was limited so we hustled and got on the east side of them and luckily had the wind in our favor. we got about 400 yards away and closed in the rest of the way on our bellies. This elk broke away from the heard as was feeding by itself along a ridge. I pulled out the range finder to calculate the distance and the stupid thing would not work. I could only get up to a 200 yard reading. We figured the elk was around 300 yards. I got a dead rest on rock and the 30-06 did the rest. Very fun hunt
2678dsc01349.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom