Goodale/Round Valley

B

BLU

Well, for all you guys over in Owens, did anything good ever come down? Sounds like there was plenty of snow and cold to bring them out. BLU

Well BLU, it snowed alot during and after those late hunts. As far as good bucks, I think what was seen during the hunts was representative of the herds. I saw a 180 class four point, with huge main beams, after the junior hunt in Round Valley. Never did hear of any woppers down in Goodale. Most of the giant bucks, which there are very few of, were between Taboose Creek and Bishop Creek. They don't have late hunts there, so the age class gets to be a little older, and hence fourth bigger. All in all, the buck doe ratio, looks good, but the numbers look down to me. Too many Bears, and Coyotes!
Thanks, Brownie.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom