Gooseneck comparison

feddoc

Long Time Member
Anyone have any experience with PJ or BIGTEX trailers?

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I've got a PJ , haul a bunch of hay , skid loader , tractors with it. Seems to be holding up just fine , few years old now bought it new. Guess I can't complain.

same for BigTex.....flip a coin

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

I did find out that PJ powder coats their frames.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

>I did find out that PJ
>powder coats their frames.
>
>?Nothing in this world can take
>the place of persistence. Talent
>will not; nothing is more
>common than unsuccessful people with
>talent. Genius will not; unrewarded
>genius is almost a proverb.
>Education will not; the world
>is full of educated derelicts.
>Persistence and determination alone are
>omnipotent. "

Let me tell you a little about Powder Coating!

Most of them doing it are Cheating!

Too F'N Cheap to Primer the Metal First!

A Couple years down the Road that Powder Coating everybody is so Proud of is gonna Fall off!

Would it be too much to do it Right & Primer the Metal First?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Bess that is exactly right we bought a new CH bed at work and in less than 2 months the paint was coming off in chunks as big as a paper plate. I don't know if you can buy anything anymore that's been primered.

you morons......you don't primer for powder coating

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

When Powder Coating first came out there Was a Primer/Prep Technique used for Powder Coating!

Not Saying they Called it Primer?

But the Metal was Prepped for Powder Coat & it Lasted 20 times longer than the way they do it now!

Nothing more than an Over-Rated BRAGGING Point to sell you a Trailer!

Every Trailer I've looked at in the Last Several Years the Salesman will Quickly Say:

Our Trailers have Powder Coat Paint!

My next words are:

BIG F'N Deal!

I've got several Trailers that have Powder Coat & Since they found a Cheaper way to put the Sshit on it ain't nothing I'd be Bragging on and the JUNK/Sshhitt is Falling off all of my Trailers!

You ever Tried to Re-Paint a Trailer that the Powder Coat Bubbled/Peeled?

You better have a Big Sand Blaster!

I Don't Blame the Powder Coat itself!

If it was as Good as it once was you'd have something worth having!

They Don't want Sshhiiitttt lasting anymore and would rather have you buy another new one rather than trying to fix the old one!

Oh!

Did I Mention?

When Powder Coating is Done PROPERLY/RIGHT there is a F'N Primer used!

But as You know:

One Coat of anything is Cheaper & Quicker than Two Coats!

Like arns mentioned above!

When not done Properly the Sshhiitt is JUNK!

PJ trailers comes in to my shop ALOT less times then the Big Tex trailers, NOW I don't know if that is because there are more of them around or they just break more.
We have had trailers come in with different axles(still the same weight rating) under the same trailer that used different seals due to spindles size.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

The key is in the metal treatment prior to powder coating. A good phosphating job just before sending the parts through the powder coating booth and curing oven makes all the difference. If I was told by a salesman the metal has been powder coated I'd ask serious questions about the metal prep.

>The key is in the metal
>treatment prior to powder coating.
>A good phosphating job just
>before sending the parts through
>the powder coating booth and
>curing oven makes all the
>difference. If I was told
>by a salesman the metal
>has been powder coated I'd
>ask serious questions about the
>metal prep.

Yup!

And if you Asked the Average Salesman about Prepping He Wouldn't Have a Clue or He'd Lie to you because He Don't know!

Don't want you Guys thinking I Hate Powder Coat!

When it's done properly It's Good Stuff!

When it's Not done Properly it's JUNK!

And a Real Pain in the Ass to Fix!

You See the stuff Peeling & Bubbling off Newer Trailers & Truck beds around here all the time!

Pick one. We have several PJ trailers. Can't comment on the paint, ours still look ok. Mostly I don't give a crap about looks. I bet we make enough money using them to cover a new trailer every couple years. mtmuley

Dear Elk. Again "you" are 100% correct. So are many of you men. When I first Joined, I was said to be tooo smart..I think by my (Now Friend Eel). I have changed the best I can to be accepted among "all of you". This is, after all; Campfire. I am always happy, no matter my pains and having zero to do. But allow me to display just one serious job I had whilst a GS-14 in Washington D.C.

The task was to PROTECT something we can not even see or detect. How does one put a fence or armed Police around something WE have"

Thus far, I and colloquies from many Dept's have protected a technology that WE (USA) Scientifically demand to SHARE with the Private Sector. It was done so. I Introduce to you a 4 letter word which has changed Countless Industrial (Private Sectors) to do new things with... (Endless Things... I'll refocus) let's just say: PAINT. Yes, plain ole Paint(s).

The 4 letter word is: NANO.

Even Homer may have learned of new Tomato Seeds made with Nano Technologies..?

Powder now with Nano Technologies realms in all directions. Remember the Latin Term: "Caveat Emptor" = "Let the Buyer Beware". This is a Legal Binding Term in Law + Court Rulings.

Allow me to introduce another item which requires time to read.

http://www.internationaljournalssrg.org/IJCER/2014/Volume1-Issue1/IJCER-V1I1P104.pdf

Thank you for allowing me to TRY to Help in Understanding the Garbage we now buy.

Jagerdad :)

Just about everything is built cheaper now days , I don't like it either ! I keep my trailer in a shed and try to keep it washed after I drag it around in the crap just more preventive maintenance seems to help. No fancy heated shed just a shed. Leave them covered in road grime all the time and yep you'll have nothing left when your done !

"When I first Joined, I was said to be tooo smart..I think by my (Now Friend Eel)."

I'm 100% sure it wasn't me. Overton maybe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom