GoPro Hero3 mounted to Bow??

Aaronjhanson

Hey guys, looking at getting a gopro video camera. does anyone know if you mount the camera to the bow, if you shoot the bow will it distort the video from the vibrations of shooting the bow? or should the camera be on your head?

I am looking at the Gopro hero 3 white edition. It would also double as an on body camera for when i shoot IDPA, and combat pistol.

You could mount it to your bow...but you'll have some "jump" in the footage when you shoot. Whenever I can, I use the chest harness. It's much more stable then a camera that is mounted on your head. One thing I've learned using the gopro is to try and be as stable and smooth with your movements as possible, otherwise the footage is too jumpy and hard to watch.

Wow, then it would not be too go for the run and gun stuff i do.. how would you mount to your chest and still show what you are shooting at? seems to me that your arms would git in the way???

I agree with Aaron. I have 1. I thought about mounting it on shotgun and my bow, or the chest. BUT I went with the head. It is always pointed to where you are shooting or looking. The chest is ok, but my arms were always in the way when shooting and pointing a different way.

When I go pheasant and chukar hunting, I have it on my head and have some AWESOME video of shooting and my dog working the birds. I have noticed and learned alot from watching the video and my shooting. Its way fun.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-13 AT 11:15AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-13 AT 11:12?AM (MST)

Search youtube....there are tons of gopro videos using different mounting positions. You can decide what works best for you. I've used my GP for upland as well and its fun. Recently went to the Grand Caymans and took it snorkeling, which was pretty cool.

Here's an example of a GP attached to a guys head bowhunting....

and one of a guy testing it on his bow....

Careful if you are in Colorado attaching that to your bow. Colorado reg's clearly state no electronic devices can be attached to your bow. Would hate to see someone get a fine for something as silly as that...
Guessing you are in UT though.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Hey Aaron and anybody else thinking about getting a point of view (POV) camera for hunting. Here in about 2 months, I plan to introduce a product to the market that I believe to be the best POV camera for hunting and fishing. I have been working on it for almost 2 years now and have obtained some great marketing materials (hunting videos) that I think you all will be VERY impressed with including two 200"+ mule deer kills. I can't wait to publish them and get all of your feedback.

So if you can hold off for two months until I receive my inventory, I think you will benefit, as not only is my product better(imo), it is also much less expensive than a GoPro (especially the hero 3)

I have a hunting gear review website. The people who are signed up for gear give away/email list will be the first ones to hear about the release of the product and videos. Monster Muley forum members will be next as long as I have enough inventory after my website subscribers get the first crack.

Here is a link to my site: http://www.BestforHunting.com

I wound up getting a mount that sits above the stabilizer. I am in Colorado, I would hope the game warden has enough common sense to know that a camera would not aid in the killing of an animal..

Its not a hero 3 but it is a gopro I made this mount out of an 1/8 inch by 1 inch by 10 inch piece of aluminum bent at a 90 with a hole drilled through it for the stabilizer bolt to go through it and hold it in place then one of the gopro mounts bonded to the end to hold the camera. first tests with it it did vibrate quite a bit when I shot the bow but I stuck a small piece of foam rubber inbetween the stabilizer and the camera mount and that got rid of 99% of the vibration I have videos but not on my phone I'll have to post them when I have my computer. Overall I am very happy with it and look forward to filming my elk.hunt with it.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-13 AT 07:51AM (MST)[p]Here is some vid shot from my bear hunt this year with the gopro mounted on my stabilizer, I did get a little vibration on the shot but not to bad.

Don't die dreaming
DIE TRYING!

Here's what I'm using this year. It'll mount a Go Pro or a small HD camera. I got a small, cheap HD camera so I don't have the fish eye lens. Better for seeing at a distance, or make sure if you use your GoPro, then change your Field of View, so it's more narrow, that'll help. I may mount my GoPro on my bow but just looking back at me, to see the close-up of the stress in my eyes :)
I'm using and trying a system this year from Solvid.
Here's there website.

http://solvidsystems.com/

They've got video tutorials of how to use and also some awesome videos of there self-filmed hunts. You turn your camera a bit to the side when you're ready to shoot so it's still aiming forward.
Here's a short video of me practicing with it last night, getting ready for Saturday.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Aaron,

I have the go pro white, and wear it on my head while I shoot cowboy action,

You have to play with it a little to get the picture right. But it works great.

Dominguez

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom