Got a Chance!

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-06 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]Well guys, I'm leaving possibly tomorrow, but maybe tuesday to go apply for a highschooler's dream job (it's about 30 miles away). I've put in numerous (7-8) applications around town for small, part time jobs and haven't been called back (It's not what you know, it's who you know here).

The job is working for a cattle company working cattle (moving them from lot to lot...etc). Requires your own horse and equipment. Hopefully I can work for them next week "pro bono" to try it out (my spring break) to see if I can work out a part time schedule, or get a job for the upcoming summer.

We have 7 horses, 9 including my sisters and I've broken two of them out (my dad helped me, but he never rode, just kind of watched me and gave me input.) and am pretty decent with a rope. I'm pretty stinking excited and lets hope it'll work out.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Sounnds good, I've worked cattle a couple times. Just remeber which end of the cattle prod is which:)

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

Michael - good luck on your "interview process" . Sounds like and awesome opportunity. I had one of those jobs too in High School. I worked for the Forest Service trail crew. We worked all the trails by horse in the Ashley Natl. Forest, Vernal District (in the Uintah Mts.) We worked 10 day tours - on the mountain for 10 days at a time and not in town long enough to burn up all your money! I used a FS horse though, I had my own but you have to lease it to the FS to use it and they weren't willing to do so since they had their own. Let us know how it turns out! Also - while your out "interviewing" keep your eyes open for sheds! Maybe you can find another set like those last ones!
ROY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom