got an idea

oldoregon

Very Active Member
i got a cool idea for a game. most of you have probably heard of terraserver, the online database for sattelite photos of the entire USA. well i think it would be cool to have a contest, to see who can be first to find a live animal in one of these arial photographs. if you find a live game animal in one of these pictures, post it here. whoever post the first one wins.

www.terraserver.microsoft.com

Later Yall!!!!
mule-deer.gif

THe picture was taken 10 years ago, so maybe the cows werent there yet?

and i really do think it is a mountain goat. that area has a very high population of goats, so you never know.

Later Yall!!!!
mule-deer.gif

Well since it's mine I know exactly where the corral is and from the time of year I know there would have been cows there then. I've been here for 40+ years so I know if the cows weren't there, them (and about a whole bunch of their friends) are gonna be somewhere on my place and I can't find them anywhere in the photos. So I have my doubts if that's a goat. But maybe. Hang onto those hopes. If you think it's a goat, it's a goat. :)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-04 AT 03:40PM (MST)[p]Oldoregon,
Thanks for the link. I don't think that is mountain goat but you can see cars on the highway. I'll have to give you some created though because this finding the animal game was the most sneaky way of finding out were people hunt that I have ever seen.

If thats a goat you better shoot it because its about the size of school bus.

you goat just checked out,
by the way its a nanny and she has a kid. standing just to her left.
it has one green eye and one blue.
the nanny not the kid.
she must be dead by know, seams to have a bad case of the mainge on her left back quater.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-04 AT 09:13PM (MST)[p]And when u find the critter mark the map with gps cordnance then go to my post in General hunting protected forum ( GPS practice with Monster Mulies) Then go to the web site on my post and post your cordanance. So we can all go see the so called Goat. It will be a hoot what we as hunting buddies can put together. And about the goat i think it was my X.
Rut.

I doubt you're going to see many animals. The resolution of the photos on terraserver is 1 meter per pixel. So each single dot on the computer screen represents 3 feet by 3feet. 2 dots for a deer sized animal and 3 for an elk?

the mountain goat might be a little far fetched but what a cool site. I cant find many places I go. All it shows is a bright white screen. Kinda sucks. Its pretty cool how easy you can identify some places your used to. Even when its the first time you have seen a arial photo of the area.
later, MP

Not a goat.

Thats a matter of fact. Pixels too great and dot too big for the distance.

It would just as soon as be the abominable snowman before its a goat. :)

BRIGHT WHITE IS SETASIDE FOR THE GOVERMENT USE ONLY.
YOU KNOW MOST OF THE PICTURES ARE AT LEAST 10 YEARS OLD.
I TOOK ONE ANDN BROKE IT DOWN INTO ITS MANY PICTURES THAT IT IS. THEN REATATCHED THEM ON A SPREAD SHEET THIS WOULD ALOW ME TO PRINT THEM OUT ON 24x36 PAPER.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom