Got my Bang Stick back and need Ammmmooo!

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
I had a couple of threads on my Best of the West 7 mag rifle jamming. LOOOONG story short they replaced the action and barrel. The new barrel is a work of art with the fluting the old one was fluted but nothing special. This baby is sexy cool. The old paint job was coming off, partly my fault cause when you gotta crawl you gotta crawl and sometimes a gun gets dragged. This paint job looks much tougher than the original BOTW shoot's your gun until they find a round it likes and get is dialed in with your scope, minea Husky 4-16. The round I used before was Hornady 162 VLD Precision Hunters and it was a tack driver and I sent lots of critters to the promised land with that round. I just got the gun back and they said it again liked the same round the best. I didn't want to stock up on ammo until I found out what it liked. Shot it today and shot off most of the last of my rounds. Made a few calls to the Big Box stores and they are all out.

I'm a month out from my Bighorn hunt and would like to buy a bunch. Five-10 plus boxes,,,,like to shoot lots more and just want to stock up and not worry about it....Any suggestion of the best place to buy some of this stuff....

Thanks Ted

thumbnail - 2022-08-28T211729.588.jpg

When I was trying to track down Some Muzzy supplies for my buddy lots of people piped in that lots of this type of stuff is a scam....I just came across Ammunition Gunbroker.com and they have 500 rounds for $518

Scam-Detection has a poor rating for the above Ammunition Gunbroker.com as being a possible scam, but nothing in concrete that it is a scam. So beware and buy at your own risk.
RELH

When I was trying to track down Some Muzzy supplies for my buddy lots of people piped in that lots of this type of stuff is a scam....I just came across Ammunition Gunbroker.com and they have 500 rounds for $518
Hard to believe they would sell it for $1 per round when everyone else is over $3 per round. I know nothing about them but I would think twice.

Scam-Detection has a poor rating for the above Ammunition Gunbroker.com as being a possible scam, but nothing in concrete that it is a scam. So beware and buy at your own risk.
RELH
Exactly! All of the businesses posting are very questionable!

Huck I only had a dozen or so left and saved one! ahahha. never had trouble getting it before...and had to run some rounds through it,,,,as it came the first time....this time was the same putting the bullet in the same hole but needed to be tweaked to be dead on...so they had to go. Its dead on now and needs to be fed again... are those reliable sources you coped in from what you know? Old man I don't reload but thanks for the offer

Huck I only had a dozen or so left and saved one! ahahha. never had trouble getting it before...and had to run some rounds through it,,,,as it came the first time....this time was the same putting the bullet in the same hole but needed to be tweaked to be dead on...so they had to go. Its dead on now and needs to be fed again... are those reliable sources you coped in from what you know? Old man I don't reload but thanks for the offer
Cant vouch for any of them, its just whats on ammoseek. I believe targetsportsusa is a legit business but i would suggest looking into it with a quick internet query

Good luck. It’s a rough time to be short handed on ammo. Just got to scour the internet relentlessly or be a regular visitor to every sporting good/gun store in town.

I've sold stuff and bought stuff on Gunbroker...its a legit site and best place to find things you need in a hurry but you pay for it. Just look at sellers reviews...use the guys that have 500 or more transactions and skip the ones with just double digits. Click on the reviews and it tells the story. If a guy has a couple good reviews as a buyer on cheap stuff and none as a seller then puts a 1000 item up as a seller beware. You can tell the business guys on there real quick

Where are you located? Sportsman’s Warehouse shows them in stock in Albuquerque and Murietta CA, but in store pickup only.

Thanks for all the thoughts .... Best of the West if sending me a couple of boxes and pulled some magic through the magazine I write for and some more are coming that way...I want to shoot the dam gun and not sit around like Scrooge over a pile of coins! Yeah I know I need to reload but have too many oars in the water already!

If that new/old toy does as advertised you will only need one!. It’s awesome you get to hunt Rockies again.
Best of luck friend!

I have bought quite a bit of ammo. of of Gunbroker. Also several guns. Never had a problem with any transaction. With that said. If you are looking for a bargain you might not find one. But you ca usually find what you need. The killer with most things you buy is the shipping. So take that into account.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom