Got My Daughter's 2010 Bear Back

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Took my daughter's 2010 black bear in last year and picked it up yesterday. Ray Weins did exceptional work. We are really pleased with the results. I am still blown away by the overall size of it. For size comparison, that is a 55 inch screen below it.

DSC_0666_zpsc852b584.jpg

DSC_0691_zps9a7cd9b5.jpg

DSC_0689_zps06200428.jpg

DSC_0690_zpseebccef5.jpg

DSC_0694_zps3f8133d7.jpg

I also got back my 2012 lynx. After a lot of thinking about it, I decided to just go with a soft tan so I could hang it. I'll wait for a big ol' tom before I get one lifesize.

DSC_0707_zps7b3fed5a.jpg

DSC_0708_zps735fd0a3.jpg

That looks great!

I am going to Alaska in May and I have been trying to decide what to do if I get a nice bear. I have thought a lot about full body because I do not really like a rug, but I have never thought about a shoulder mount on a bear. That actually looks pretty cool. I now have a couple options.....Thanks!

That's a great looking bear mount right there!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>That looks great!
>
>I am going to Alaska in
>May and I have been
>trying to decide what to
>do if I get a
>nice bear. I have thought
>a lot about full body
>because I do not really
>like a rug, but I
>have never thought about a
>shoulder mount on a bear.
>That actually looks pretty cool.
>I now have a couple
>options.....Thanks!

I really like the idea of a bear shoulder mount. Here's a better view of my son's monster that is on the side wall. Ray Weins also did this one. My son has killed prettier bears but when he killed this bald monkey bear, it was a no-brainer, it would make a great mount. While it appears smaller in the room pics, it is actually the same size as my daughter's. Both bears were 7 foot nose to tail and both were meat heads with both skulls just over 19 inches. They are the skulls on the floor by the TV.

DSC_0697_zps5a097f00.jpg

DSC_0698_zps745722cf.jpg

Great trophys on both bears and a excellant job on the mounting. BCboy, you better get your butt in gear as your kids are doing a fine job of passing the old man on their hunting. I KNOW! You taught then everything they know about hunting. Did a damn good job too!

RELH

It's funny that on the floor is a 6 foot chocolate phase rug mount. I was young when I killed that bear and it was a huge bear in my mind. I figured I'd never get one bigger. But then things just went up and up from there. My current biggest was 7 foot 4 and I did nothing with the hide. Sat in the freezer for several years until it took up too much space so it got chucked. Of course my kids were little when I killed that giant and they both have forgot about it. So they tease me that their bears are bigger than my 6 footer on the floor. But I pull out the pics of my biggest every now and then just to keep them in check. ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom