Got my High Country Buck

born_2_hunt

I found this buck back in July. I posted a video of him asking if he would break the 180" mark. No one thought he would. I thought he'd be pretty close.

Here he is in July
8013deer3.jpg

8970deer4.jpg

Here he is the day I found him on the 3rd day of season.
9653deer1.jpg

3884deer2.jpg

Its hard to see from the pics but it is the same buck. He did LOTS of growing in August.

I found him right at daylight on Monday morning. He was about a quarter mile away. I put the stalk on him and got within 100 yds of where I last saw him. He never showed himself and beat me to his bedding area. Although I did not see where he went I had a pretty good idea.

We started glassing about 3pm and after finding a bunch of other deer I was beginning to think I was hallucinating that morning. Finally he appeared after glassing for an hour.

After watching him bed while a hail storm rolled in the stalk was on. I slipped in to 60yds with the help of my brother signaling me to him I smoked him!

2528p9090313.jpg

1836p9090296.jpg

9523p9090298.jpg

2787p9090309.jpg

2965p9090319.jpg

5022p9100322.jpg

I taped him out last night at 32" wide and 187" gross!

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Way to go! Wide, heavy, deep forks with an extra thrown in. What more could you ask for??

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Were you hunting in 67? My brother and I have both killed bucks in 67 that had that extra point on one side. Maybe the same genetics?

Born-2

Were those yuppies any thinner then back in July

Sweet buck for sure

:usa:

>Born-2
>
>Were those yuppies any thinner then
>back in July
>
>Sweet buck for sure>

Ya much thinner only saw 1 and it was when i started to make the stalk on my deer. Luckily he kept walking and didnt blow my deer out.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

congrats on a great buck! He did grow a ton from when you first seen him!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Quality buck and an even better story. I always appreciate it more when someone scouts a buck, then goes back and takes him. Congrats to you on your great success.

I remember reading about 4 or 5 units that have this early rifle hunt. Have any more been added? About how many points are needed for a NR?

Good looking Buck, He put on some horn for sure. Kind looks like the HC area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom