Got My Moose Today!

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Very tough hunt, only took me ten years of trying to shoot an immature bull (spike/fork season). LOL! I went out this morning to hit a series of meadows that normally hold both moose and big mulies and didn't even make it there. I'm driving up the old logging road when I come around the corner and there is a cow with twin calves standing in the middle of the road. I stop and dig out my video camera to film them and low and behold the battery is dead. So I watch them for a bit and let them walk around the corner out of sight. Just as I start the SUV again out walks this nice 2 point bull no more than 40 yards from me. I turn off the vehicle grab the gun, step out and whack him. Then the work began. It's pretty tough dealing with a moose all by yourself. I had to quarter him to get him into the SUV. He's gonna taste great though. It's amazing how much meat is on the little guy. Definately what the family needed to get thru the winter this year.

Congradulations!! I can't wait until I draw a tag here in Wyoming or until the wife gets out of nursing school so I can start putting more money away for a trip to Canada or Alaska.

Wyobowhunt

Way to go Steve!!!

Those little buggers were bigger than i thought too! Me and my friend had a tough time moving mine even with a quad, lol. I brought him to the butcher that day and they told me he was a large bull for a 3x2, about 330 lbs of meat they told me. I was still hurtin the next day from draging him 10 feet!
Should be some awesome meat, and should let ya concentrate on killin a monster buck now.

Congrats, that'll be some good eats... Isn't an unwriten rule that you are not supposed to shoot a moose when you are alone LOL, good thing he was small...

My brother's moose draw started today and he got a decent bull this morning. Not huge, but not small either. Not too bad, 2 moose in 2 days. Looks like we'll be eatin good this year. I had a roast off of mine last night. Man, was it good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom