Gov Tag Buck Pictures

TerynItUp

Dave Montoya with Drop Tine Guides and Outfitters asked me to share this photo with you guys.

Hunter:
John Gisi

Credit:
Dave Montoya, Drop Tine Guides and Outfitters
Matt Ray
Mark McKnight, Largo Canyon Outfitters

7825gov_tag.jpg

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Why did he shoot that buck? looks kind of small. I wonder what they scored him at an it is not 215 like it say in the forward I got. Maybe 200.

Congrats to John on another great buck. I don't know what this buck scores, but I know many times a picture doesn't do the animal justice as to what kind of head gear is really grown.Utehunter I don't get to see as many thumper bucks as you do, heck I sure wished I did and a 180 buck would make me come out of my skin, but that buck doesn't look small by any means.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-11 AT 07:10PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-11 AT 07:10?PM (MST)

He's puny. I think I see some milk dribbling down his chin.

Really...how can anyone call that a small buck? In my 30 years of hunting deer in NM, I've never seen one that comes close. Congratulations to the hunter and guide.

I encourage anyone to first off find a 200 inch buck then get him killed with any client much less with Mr. Gisi on PUBLIC LAND! Anyone can find one on the rez. This buck was officially scored 215 sci. If utehunter would come through on all his claims he would be in the pic.

"...much less with Mr. Gisi..."

why the hell would you condescend your hunter like that? pretty disgusting...

beautiful buck, anyway

hey Ute, still waitin' on the pic of them sheds you said you watched fall off of that big dude's head a couple weeks ago?

so what about it? either of ya

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-11 AT 09:05AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-11 AT 08:33?AM (MST)

>I encourage anyone to first off
>find a 200 inch buck
>then get him killed with
>any client much less with
>Mr. Gisi on PUBLIC LAND!
>Anyone can find one on
>the rez. This buck was
> officially scored 215 sci.
>If utehunter would come through
>on all his claims he
>would be in the pic.
>

Dont be talking smack I have took out gisi and he is crazy! We were hunting a 215ty. And he passed on atleast 3 bucks this size on the last weekend a few years ago man so quit talking sh!t. Why would I want to bein the pic? I like to help out the average hunter. And I do hunt PUBLIC LANDS!!! And o ya I got this buck on film he not 215. I thought he was weak on the frame but what do I know right. Why would I go and show one of your guides where big bucks are just so u guys can take your hunter in there and kill him ya right. Seen this happend to many times it gets old!!

That buck is definately way over 200! Looks 215 to me. Congrats to the outfitter and the hunter.

Bucks in NM still haven't dropped antlers. I know it has nothing to do with this thread , won't hi jack any, but there are no dropped antlers just yet! PERIOD!

Wrong, nmhuntnutt.
I went out for a hike last weekend and saw 4 bucks 2 had dropped
and two had one on a side only, so yes, some have dropped already.
nmbighorn

nmbighorn ,where were you ? We were up at Chama and Tierra Amarila over the weekend, I was there Saturday and my dad got home yesterday afternoon and we saw quit a few deer and the hay field below my grandpas and all the bucks still had both thier antlers and have seen them carry thru March.I have never seen bucks drop this early and dang sure not in January.

I was driving in Farmington last week and there are always some deer that hang out in one of our city parks on the river and I saw a buck who was only carrying one side. Heard of a few other bucks around this area that are dropping too. Might be a weird year.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I like to think they dont start dropping until a little later also, but there are several things that determine when they start shedding.I think it varies in different parts of the state depending on weather rut activity ect. for instance the rut seemed a little early to me up north in the 2s than years past. I think the cold front caused early rut activity which in turn would make them shed a little earlier IMO. I was on the 2c archery hunt this year and saw 2 smaller bucks that were only packin one horn.(which very well could have been genetics?) I may be tellin you stuff you already know but just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.

>>>==========>

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom