Governors elk tag

BlueMountainAdventures

Hey guys. I have been retained by this tag holder to find a 400" bull. Anyone interested in guiding this hunt with me? I also have 2 Mt Emily tags, 1 Walla Walla tag & 2 Wenaha tags. I am needing more guides this fall. Please reply if you know these units VERY well. We will be busy this fall chasing monster bulls in Oregon's top elk units.

Is the tag holder Tony Peterson who owns AC Electric. He bought one of the tags here at he La Grande RMEF banquet. Helping on hunts like that would be a blast!

Can't help you out with the guiding but may be interested in your services in the next couple of years.
I have 10 or 11 points for elk and will hold out for the Walla Walla #2 hunt.

Springer, Why do you wanna wait for Walla Walla? I have guided it and spent time in there. Mt Emily has as good of bulls, and more of them. Walla is too small for the amount of spike hunters in there at the same time. just my opinion of course....

I picked up a "leftover" spike tag for the Unit two season ago and was very impressed with the caliber of branched bulls that I saw. The spike that I killed was with a 340 type bull.

I hear what your saying in regards to the spike season running at the same time.

#####: what is your opinion on the mill cr. watershed? i have a buddy with 9 points that is thinking about drawing that tag. or is he better off holding out for an archery walla walla tag? or do you think the archery mt. emily is better tahn the archery walla walla tag? he is a 100% archery hunter but thinking about doing the rifle watershed hunt. what do you think?
+ i have a couple buddies i'm going to pass this info on to. they are very knowledgeable [sp??]in the units your in. they might be interested in helping you out.they have helped out quit a few guys in the past.

Well, I cant honestly say, as I have never guided in the Shed....but I know there is some big bulls in there. With that said, if he is an archery hunter, I would do either the Walla Walla or the Mt Emily archery in a heart beat over the Shed hunt. Just my opinion.
Another thing about the Shed...you have to hunt solo.....and I like hunting for the hunt to, with buds.

do you ever hear of what type of bulls are in there or getting killed in there? are you hunting 330 bulls or are you hunting 370+ bulls? i think hunting with buddies is important to but here in oregon your only getting 1 chance at a premium unit tag. if his best chance at a good bull "right now" is a solo hunt it is worth it. there are lots of other buddy hunts to do. can you bivy out in the unit? or do you have to hike out every night?

I have a question for you BlueMoutaninAdventures but will start a new topic to not ruin your quest for guides. Drannan

3 or 4 post up when i typed BLUE MOUNTAIN ADVENTURES all in one word it did the same thing #####???? i dont know either

BMA,
I might be interested in helping. I know the wenaha, but could learn other units.

Back
Top Bottom