GPS help

Ridn9high

Quick question for you guys. I'm looking at getting a GPS for an upcoming hunt. I will be buying the Colorado onXmaps SD card.

Will the Garmin eTrex 20 or the Garmin 60csx show good detail with the Xmap? I can get a good deal on these two models from local sellers. But I've also been looking at the 450T if the other models won't work as well.

Thanks for any help

My son has the 20 and I have the 60csx and I also have the 64s.
I have the Xmap for Idaho. My son likes his 20 but has never tried the Idaho map in it. I have used the 60csx for YEARS and have liked it a lot. It has bailed me out of a pickle more than once. That said the 60csx I have developed some problems. The on, off button doesn't work well at all and is hard to start and turn off. Then it developed a problem where I would put a new set of batteries in it. use it a little and turn it off. The next time I would turn it on the batteries were dead. Even with the unit off the batteries would drain. For that reason I got he 64s. I like the 64s a lot but the software is very different from the 60csx. It took some getting used to. While routing with the 64csx and the 24K topo the routes it wants to take are nothing short of stupid! If someone were to trust it 100% you would be hosed if you were driving. A strait line is fine, but I haven't tried a roads map to see if it would give a better route. This might be a 24K glitch. It asks if you want faster time or distance. Then it asks if your walking running biking with a mountain bike or touring bike motorcycle on and on and on. While I liked the 60csx I would not recommend them because of the problems I have had.

I have the 60 CSX and have not had any problems at all, I love mine the screen is on the small side for the maps but it does the job. I just wish they would come out with a touch screen one that is about the size of a smart phone with the same screen technology.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom