gps maps

bassinhunter

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy either the Garmin 1:24k Topo chip for my GPS or I saw the nm hunting maps at sportsman's that included land owner information and the Topo. My question is has anyone had experience with either or both? If the Topo maps are just as good the nm hunting maps would be better but I can't help but feel the Garmin topos would be better maps. Please give me some feedback

Thanks,

Rob

gpshuntingmaps.com is who I bought and real happy with. I bought the download and you can run 2 units off that and print maps plus you don't have to be connected in order to work on it.

Last year I bought the TOPO U.S. 24K - Mountain South on the microchip. I wish I would have spent the extra money for the DVD version because (1) if chip goes bad or you lose it Garmin won't issue a free replacement even if you made a backup of the files (2) you can install on multiple devices with the DVD version plus work on your desktop computer to look at the terrain create waymarks that you can copy to your gps

Download version can be installed on as many PCs as you want plus its stored on their website with your password. So you can't ever lose it or damage it. If you forget your pc you can just download it on another. And once you do you don't need internet service.

i got the land status maps from huntinggpsmaps.com and couldnt be happier. i bought the chip and i should have just gotten the download. still very good maps.

I would purchase the land map with owners, I have it and am amazed at the accuracy of fence lines ect.! Good program to go with gps!

There are also a lot of gps maps free on gpsfiledepot.com. I bought the huntinggpsmaps version a few years ago, but have since found the free maps and use them on most gps'. Huntinggpsmaps are little easier to read, but other than that they seem to have the same info. The free site has GMU boundaries, land status, topos and PLSS (township, range, and section) layers.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom