gps on airlines??

mainer

Any of you guys have any experience travelling on commercial airlines w/ a handheld gps. Do I risk confiscation by attempting to check it through the gate with rest of my carry on stuff? Will it be stolen if checked through with checked baggage? Should I leave it home? Thank you, Guy

I have flown with mine in my checked bagage many times and never had a problem. I have not tried to carry it on though.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

Its an electronic so I don't see any reason you would have to worry about it being confiscated. The only one who can tell you for sure is the airline itself. Chances are you wont be able to turn it on while in flight either, if thats another concern.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I have carried mine on and used it during the flight. They saw me using it and other people were checking it out and there were no problems at all. I have seen other people using them also. Does help to kill a little time on the flight.

It is very fun!! You will not have any problems. It really helps the time pass by, especially if you have a window seat.

It is fun to chart the course that the planes take. You do not go where you think you would.

2pointer

No problems that I'm aware of, I think I even leave mine on. Its neat to watch the speads, towns/cities you fly over and espipcally the elevation you fly at and how much you drop and how fast.

Todd Black
BTO

Dido on BlandingBoy. I have used mine in midair just for kicks. I have flown with mine a couple of times a month for work and I have never had a problem.

It's always an adventure!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom