GPS

I use the Garmin Foretex 101, for hunting and scouting and more important to me make it easy to find my way back to truck or camp in the dark etc. The 101 doesn't have a bunch of bells & whistles and that's great for me as I like things very simple (point A to point B). It has a wrist band so you can wear like a watch. Hope this helps.

Joe E Sikora

Garmin 60CS, use it for hiking and hunting, marking rubbs, wallows,goos spotting points, ect..download and upload from Mapsource and google earth... search out good places on mapsource and then D/L to GPS to check out in person...

I use the Garmin Rino 530 for all my outdoor needs. I enjoy that model a lot. I also us Mapsource to save all my waypoints, routes, rubs, spotting points for all the trips and then download them onto the unit when I am back in that same area. I also like the peer to peer functions as well; it helps me keep track of the kids and even my dad when he is giving goofy directions.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

+1 on the Garmin Rino. the best feature is being able to track your hunting party and see where they are, what direction there going. it has really cut down on trying to explain that you are under a big pine tree next to the aspen patch, just about to drop into the big basin....

Garmin Rhino for me as well. It is nice not haveing to have that dumb conversation about "where are you". Just find them on your map and let the GPS lead you right to them. Dont have to make all that extra noise.

Jeff

Lowarance IFinder, use it for fishing the most, as far as hunting I mark where I shot the animal and where the kill site is. I usually try to learn the area I hunt so well that I don't need a GPS to find my way out or in and I usually rely on my maps more than the GPS, cause the batteries/electronics don't fail on paper ;-)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Rhino 520 for me, if any of your hunting buddies have one, then you should have one too. They are sweet and the Rhino to Rhino radio is awesome. We've talked close to 10 miles away from eachother and it was clear as a bell.

}}-SLIVER-->

I use a Garmin Nuci 650 to get me to the place by road and the Garmin 60 CSx while I am on foot. Works great, easy to use, quickly acquires satellites.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom