Grants area - what else is open/interesting

DoeNob

Coming out Friday to try and fill a cow tag I bought - lightening struck my house this summer and everything in the freezer got ruined, so I gotta fill it up!

On private north of the Laguna Peublo, I am hoping with the weather and the cold snap this week it shouldn't be too difficult.

Is there anything else around there worth sticking around for? Any kind of small game north or south worth taking a day to go after? Anything that is worth seeing/doing?

Or should I just burn it back to Texas and shoot some ducks in the panhandle on the way home?

Thanks!

Himalyan tahr in water canton also otc barbary in unit 9 along the southern portion of mt. Taylor boarding I-40 just opposite of acoma land

If I see any tahr there I will drive to your house and give you a kiss after I buy a bunch of power ball tickets.

But I will check it out, thanks!

They are there! They escaped from a game ranch and they have been growing ever since! No tag needed and im not pulling your leg its a oppurtunity that youll never get anywhere else just do a little research youll see what im talking about.

According to that they can only be hunted January-March. First time I have heard there is a season for them. Makes it really tough if they get the snow they can on that mountain.

I hadnt read the regs on them in awhile. Didnt know they opened it only jan-march. Its a doable hunt. I have chased them before and have found them several times just wasnt set up for a long range shot at the time.

And why keep it a secret? I enjoy seeing people being able to enjoy a very unique experience! Ill give up every spot ive found them if it will maximize anothers chance at success! I highly doubt anyways that even one gets harvested every year

And yes it says that the season is January to march. That's only on the wma. They have been see and harvested in other areas.

" Ill give up every spot ive found them if it will maximize anothers chance at success! "

this is exactly why you don't post info on the internet!!!!

And you are who? Ill post up any info I want wherever I please! Seems theres alot of jealous folk on here because they cant get the boot leather down and find them so they feel nobody should know where they are or that the exist lol!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-17 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]Well hell, we couldn't find the elk so we never made it over to Water Canyon. 60 degree highs and a full moon, I think they went nocturnal and went back up the mountain. 27,000 acres of private north of Laguna, I hoped we could at least kick one up to shoot.

Expensive tag soup. The high desert is beautiful in the winter.

15781599_10154906313077718_2267553704750813415_n.jpg

15825883_10154906313092718_8755807417139633803_n.jpg

15747554_10154906312672718_2390650218980975863_n.jpg

El Cafecito - very good food. La Ventana - fair to decent.

Apparently he somebody that's jealous and doesn't like to put the time in like we do buddy. That's why we are successful every year right. Some people just don't have what it takes.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom