Grass growth in the Gila?

bticked

I was just checking to see if anyone knows how the grass is doing in the burned areas? Specifically in 16b and 22. I know theyve been getting rain but just curious if its been enough time for the game to return to it. Only got a couple days left till the hunt! Seen a couple elk in some trucks somebody post some pics! Good luck everyone!

Ryan

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-12 AT 05:19PM (MST)[p]

I was just there (16b) this past weekend off of 35. Really green and looking good but not sure if it was in the burn area.

Thank you. Did you check out those areas I was telling you about? Anything look good? I was hoping there would be grass coming back in the burn area by now.

Ryan

I saw some burn area but that was old. That general area should have got good rain though. I will be up there 2-3 more times and plan on checking those areas out. Are you still gonna hunt unit 24?

Yeah me my girl and my cousin will be there. Ill be in 16b for 10 days leaving today. Let me know what you find out. If I get some some this next week depending on the elk hunt, I may check them out too.

Ryan

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom