Gray Market Optics?????

quickdrawkinker

I've been shopping around the web for the best deals on bino's and spotter's and think I've pretty well covered all the bases on who has the best prices, but when I called them today they told me that all of there stuff is indeed shipped from overseas (which I figured) question is, are gray market optics really a bad move? correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference would be in the warranty right? Optically is there a difference? I can save $500 on the binos I want if I buy them through this gray market outfit--if the only difference is the warranty I'll probably do it--what do you guys think?

It's your money...roll the dice and take your chances...

Take a look a few posts down. I posted some good info about grey market goods, and binoculars in general.

WHAT BRANDS/ POWER IN BINOS ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ? WHAT IS YOUR DOLLAR LIMITATION? I RECENTLY LOOKED AT 16 DIFFERENT BRANDS, IT CAN BE INTERESTING. FORMAN4X4 IS A GOOD SOURCE FOR BINOS ALSO. ...YD.

I've narrowed it down to the Swarovski 10x50's($1100), 15x56's($1300), or the Leica 12x50's ($1100). I'm leaning towards the Leica's at about a $500 savings. I'm just not hard on my equipment, rifles I've had for close to 20 years now still look new even though some of them have been on thousands of hunting trips! The main thing I'm worried about is the binos showing up with a factory defect or something--then I'd be S.O.L.!

I currently own the 15 x 56 Swarovski Gray Market Binos. I have many friends with both gray market and the American waranteed binos and find no differerence optically. We've had them side by side in the field. The only difference is the warranty. I'm very good with my equipment also and have had no troubles yet!! Knock on wood!! I saved the $500.00 for now. It is a gamble though. One I was willing to take.

Carl

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom