Great day of goose hunting!

TheKnack

Very Active Member
Had a great day of goose hunting last week.
Bagged my first snow goose and speckle bellies (white fronted geese).
Have nailed tons of Canada's before but never another goose species.
The specks are not too frequently seen here in the Central Flyway here in Colorado.
Gonna get one of the specks mounted for the wall to remember the hunt.
Best,
Jerry

jerryknack122203-1.jpg

jerryknack122203-2.jpg

are you sure those aren't from somebody's barnyard? just kiddin', nice going...looks like you had a good hunt...merry xmas

Nice jobs on the geese Jerry. Them specks are great birds and fairly hard to come by out here. Congrats.

Good job man, I would like to get a crack at a few geese this season before it ends.

Smiling.gif

jerry,

Great job, Hunting geese used to be my pastime. Only saw one speckled goose in all the time I hunted north of fort collins in my younger days.

Cheers,

BeanMan

Oh, but did we forget about the next day Jerry, old buddy? Hoping to relive Knack's enthusiasm and possibly get in on a few geese, we both ventured out to Knack's stomping grounds the very next day and laid in a field waiting for the geese. We did have 1 good flight come over fairly low and managed to drop a honker. Geese just weren't cooperating and with very little wind and a bluebird day, the majority of the geese were about 150 yds out of shotgun range. Nevertheless, we had a good time, even without seeing a single snow goose.

Jerkied the goose, Jerry. Turned out good. Oh and laying in that frozen field with the snow and mud gave me a hemmeroid the size of Dallas. Can't wait until next time!

For those of you fortunate to ever goose hunt with the Knackster, never bring a 10 ga because you'll never hear the end of it.

Knack, you're the best.......

Coot

Cooter-
Sounds like it's gonna be as good coming out as it is going in.LMAO
Gee wiz you would think for being such a youngster laying in a field till only 10:30a.m. and then heading home you would of been alright.
Oh well, mission accomplished as you defeathered that goose real well with the ole 10 gauge cannon.
Think a 4-gauge would have been too small on the other flights that day.
I think Charmin is on sale at Safeway just to give you a heads up.LOL
Hope your doing well Cooter.
Best,
Jerry

Nice Specked-bellies they sure are fun to hunt, Do Co have a spring season for snow, So Dakota does and you can use eletronic callers, You will see 1000's of birds a day over your decoys sometimes this season last weeks and others years they are here for a few days then move up to ND, but while it last it sure is a lot of fun. Hey what wrong with a good 10 Ga.

Hey Gator,
Yes Colorado has a spring snow goose season as well. I think there is no limit then.
I do not hunt over decoy's but just pass shoot.
The speck's are not too numerous in Colorado however.

Nothing wrong with the 10-Gauge at all. I just like to give Cooter a hard time now and then.
His 10-gauge sure put the smack on that Canada he nailed.
Best,
Jerry

Congrats on the honker birds! Sounds like a great time! Cant forget theres bird hunting to be done out there after the other seasons are over. Im hoping to get out tomorrow and give the rooster hunting one last hurrah before the end of the year.

cooter,go to a health food store and get a pound of psyllium husk and take two table spoons at a time mixed with water or juice.stir it real quick and then chug it before it starts getting thick. do this 2or3 times a day. should be gone in a week or less.sometimes your colon will get twisted up at the end,causing one.it is probably a good idea for anyone to take at least once a day.It keeps yor bowels clean and could some day prevent a person from getting colon cancer. my father owned health food stores when i was a kid,thats how i know,and also through personal experience.anyone out there got gall stones,got a natural remedy for that too. ....jeff.

If I have to stir it real quick and chug it immediately, you just know that it has to taste like the north end of a south bound skunk. Thanks for the info. I'll call 1-800 EL BLOWOUT if I take too much of the stuff.

Coot

cooter,Its tasteless,you have to chug it fast because it is so water absobant that it will turn into a semi-hard geliten like substance.just an option,it worked for me several times.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom