Great year in SE

dguthrie2121

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-11 AT 11:26PM (MST)[p]After a 7 year dry spell on deer I finally tagged a descent buck yesterday. He hit 28" at his widest, not much for score as he forgot to grow his 4th on one side. This is one of the few years I get to say I punched 2 tags on general hunts. I arrowed the bull shown during the September archery hunt. Thanks to everyone for all the help, especially my ol' brush dog, you know who you are. And thanks to my wife for supporting this crazy hunting addiction. Sorry about the pics I will mess with them and see if I can get them cleared up a bit.

78232011_buck.jpg

66662011.jpg

73182011_kills.jpg

Congratulations. Looks like a nice buck. He looks like a big bodied deer with a huge head. I'm assuming you passed up a lot of bucks in that 7 years looking for a nice one. There needs to be more of that during this time when our deer are struggling.

Thanks, ya it was tough to not pull the trigger on alot of bucks in the 20"-24" range and I would be lying if I said I didn't miss a few in the years between but it was all worth it. It really makes you appreciate all the work it takes to kill a good buck these days. It was a good slump breaker year like I said it had been 7 years since I shot a deer and 5 years since I arrowed a bull. I had a great season and I feel very blessed to take two animals in the same year. It was a long time in the making but I really could not be happier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom