Green Mountain LRH Barrels

smokepoler63

Does anyone know if Green Mountain has stopped producing their LRH drop in barrels. I have searched everywhere online and can't seen to locate one. I'm looking for a 15/16" 50 caliber LRH replacement barrel that drops into a T/C Hawken or Renegade stock.

My son fell in love with my rifle during his pronghorn hunt last year and now he wants his own. We both have the muzzy pronghorn hunt in Idaho again this year and I would really like to get a second rifle.

Any information would be appreciated.

I have also heard that the production is stopped. You might call them, I got a LRH 45 this spring. Ron

Ron, according to some posts on another website, GM stopped production of the LRH in 2010 and has no plans to produce them again. They did have some good sales on them in 2011-12, but I wasn't looking for one then. I wish I would have picked one or more of them up when they were on sale and available.

I was told this spring by the guy I ordered my barrel from that the company was moving and planned to make them again at some point. I know they had 32 45 cal stainless barrels still in stock when I got mine. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to call them and ask if they have one. Ron

Hope that you and Sam can make a deal. I got mine from another MM member a little over a year ago.
If I couldn't find one though, I would see if I could find a .45 TC Hawken with a neglected bore and have it bored out to a .50 with a 1:28 or 1:26 or 1:24 twist by this guy:

Robert Hoyt
700 Fairfield Station Rd
Fairfield, PA 17320
(717)642-6696
He is reportedly very difficult to reach by phone but worth the effort. If I had one to bore out I'd just pack it up and send it to him with a note asking him to do what I wanted, and to call me when he got it.

If GM ever makes more and they happen to make some more .50 LRH in stainless I'm buying at least one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom