Green Mtn unit 24

muzzhunter

Drew an elk tag for this unit and am trying to plan a scouting trip up there in the end of July or first part of August. Looking for direction on areas to look at and possible places to camp. Thanks,
Dave

I was antelope hunting in part of that unit last year and elk season started on oct.1 the goat area I drew overlapped some of 24 so I moved to a part of my area that didn't have elk hunters. I wasnn't in 24 long enough to find any elk but there are roads all through 24 and guys (elk hunters) seemed to set up camps just off the road where ever plus there is a campsite in 24.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-12 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]I've been doing some research on 24. only been in that unit once,
that was 10 years ago. I'm a non-resy with max points, tired of
waiting on 31. I'm wanting to do it archery, I'd love to hear
how it turns out for ya....

I do know this , the best road in is probably BLM rd 2411,
on the north end, gos right too a camp ground ..
A darn good spot to start scouting!

Keep me in mined if you find a wallow with a 295 bull on it,
and a place to put a treestand! that's all I need..Wink ;-)

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. Goofyelk I'll keep my eyes open for some good areas for ya and if I luck into a sweet spot I'll let ya know.

Most of the elk hunters were camped along the road that runs the ridgeline. The improved campground looked to be full but I didn't stop to check. There are many camping places on top, in between where the two main access roads hit the ridgeline. We were there last year. Be prepared for a whole lot of cow hunters if you're there opening weekend (rifle). PM with any specific questions.

VM

Be ready for alot of cow hunter is right! I dont know why they dont give the type1 guys a week or so to hunt before all the cow guys can start like some other units do?

I drew that area this year also. Give me a PM if you want and I will share what little I know about the area. I'm a non-res, but have hunted WY several times, just not this area.

Harold

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom