Green River Harley Davidson jumping in with the anti hunters...

This is a good reminder of how we (hunters) need to be thoughtful about what ends up on social media. Obviously this was not about hunting, but the principle of antis using social media to quickly gather support and money stands. This is just the start of the backlash that Wyoming will see from one idiots choice.

I dug in a little bit and it appears that the money will all go to the brand new Wyoming Wildlife Coalition which has formed to eliminate the use of Snowmobiles for chasing game. So far there is not a list of the Coalitions Board Members. But they claim to be Wyoming Hunters, Ranchers, Conservationist, and citizens. I am not sure of their nonprofit status, and there does not appear to be any bylaws etc.

Maybe we should cancel them for being against animal cruelty.

“It doesn’t matter what side you’re on when it comes to the issue of wolf repopulation in Wyoming,” he said. “The reason we hopped on board with this is because it really doesn’t matter whether you are pro- or anti-wolf repopulation. The point is that animal cruelty is wrong.”

I think it’s great that the business is doing it. Shows we are all not like that a$$clown in Daniel and care about wildlife. I hope this helps end the snow machine slaughter for good. I believe that is better for real hunting and our state. Not sure how “science based management” is tied into this at all? If you don’t like it simply don’t go.

…I hope this helps end the snow machine slaughter for good. I believe that is better for real hunting and our state…
Smart move for resident hunters to voluntarily give up snow machine mauling as a legal method of take. But I doubt they will.

If you wait for these organizations to go after this, they could get a whole lot more.

I ride sleds a lot, in WY too, and there's no excuse for chasing any animal with a sled. if the Hells Angels wanted to do some good they'd just find the losers doing it and beat the chit out of them.

It's a free country they can come to WY or any other state and raise money for whatever cause they want. don't give them a cause is the way you avoid it, just shoot wolves and STFU and everyone wins.

Hey Tog. Outlaw bikers ain't nobodys friend. I seriously doubt they care much about wolf's or dipshits from Wyo. Drugs yes, not wolfs. Pretty boys flying pretty pink colors from Salt Lake and other citidiots will be attending.

I kind of think it's funny, I bet the loser that caused all this is about 5 states away from home when they roll in.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting anyway, it was animal abuse by a cull and it rightfully sparked outrage. I could shoot wolves until my barrel melted but I don't believe in torching anything .

The bigger issue is... Do we really want a set up where the actions of one person can trigger the complete rewriting of state law? Do we really want to bow and change anytime this occurs?

As for snowmobiles, they are a legitimate tool for hunting and a wide variety of other outdoor activities. If they manage to take a little they will be back for more. I would not be against stricter laws and penalties against the post capture issues, but I do not think we want to see the slippery slope issues that will come from rewriting snow mobile laws...

Also I still have not found anything about the groups bylaws, its charter, its founding members etc...

What the idiot did was wrong. PERIOD!!. the fact of him running around bragging how cheap his fine was makes things worse. he is a complete f***ing idiot

what drives me crazy is some people wanting to slit the guys throat are people that rape kids, beat kids to death, beat women.

what would be the reason not to have laws prohibiting running down animals with a sled? this is a snowmobiling issue not a hunting issue and I approve of it. most states already have laws on the books against it. sledding is no different than hunting, if you don't take action against the bad actors it's going to cause more restrictions on ethical participants.

It would be interesting to see who actually shows up for this. I bet there's more doctor and lawyer poser bikers than real thugs.

Snowmobile whacking of non-game animals is legal method of take in many states. And the antis will be able to smear all "hunters" with this as long as it is remains legal. It's not just sleds. It is trucks, ATVs, UTVs, etc...

WY legislature already considered legislation on this in 2019 and chose to continue allowing it.

Hey Tog. Outlaw bikers ain't nobodys friend. I seriously doubt they care much about wolf's or dipshits from Wyo. Drugs yes, not wolfs. Pretty boys flying pretty pink colors from Salt Lake and other citidiots will be attending.
Depends on other stuff.

I rode with the Vietnam Veterans MC for a few years. We got the label of 'outlaw biker' because we were a 3 patch club. Some of the most honorable folks I ever met. No drug dealing, no prostitution, no car stealing, etc as one might associate with other outlaw bikers.

I would agree if it was illegal, it would be the act of an unethical azzhat and sledders and hunters would have no association with it. but if it's legal to run a deer, or a wolf over and put a tag on it then it's hunting.

If chasing and killing animals with vehicles is legal what would you call that activity if it's not hunting?

I would agree if it was illegal, it would be the act of an unethical azzhat and sledders and hunters would have no association with it. but if it's legal to run a deer, or a wolf over and put a tag on it then it's hunting.

If chasing and killing animals with vehicles is legal what would you call that activity if it's not hunting?
It is absolutely illegal to kill any game or trophy game animal by running it over with any motorized vehicle.

If I run over a field mouse with my truck am I hunting? Or maybe a jackrabbit? Your insistence to call what that jackwagon did to the wolf as hunting is curious. No one I know thinks chasing down a predator with a snowmobile is hunting.

I'd tend to call it running over an animal with a vehicle.

It is absolutely illegal to kill any game or trophy game animal by running it over with any motorized vehicle.

If I run over a field mouse with my truck am I hunting? Or maybe a jackrabbit? Your insistence to call what that jackwagon did to the wolf as hunting is curious. No one I know thinks chasing down a predator with a snowmobile is hunting.
I know what you mean, and probably everyone on here does, but the assigned word most likely to be used will be hunting. Shooting an animal in a small high fence operation doesn't seem like hunting, but its not called pen raised deer killing.

I know what you mean, and probably everyone on here does, but the assigned word most likely to be used will be hunting. Shooting an animal in a small high fence operation doesn't seem like hunting, but its not called pen raised deer killing.
And you think that's a fair comparison?

It's one thing when the "assigned word" comes from an anti, quite something different when it comes from a hunter.

And you think that's a fair comparison?

It's one thing when the "assigned word" comes from an anti, quite something different when it comes from a hunter.
To the vast majority of people, you, and I, and the ol boy who taped up the wolf and showed off are all the same. Doesn't matter what you want to call it...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom