Greys River Wy, Subdivision

Done, #786. What a horrible idea. That would totally change the character of the area. The Greys River valley and surrounding country is a very special place. Leave it alone, no development of any kind.

would be nice to have a convience store and gas pump in the middle of nowhere..lol..

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Does anyone think the property owner is using the development proposal to try to extort a big buyout from conservation interests? Tom Chapman has made money hand over fist using this tactic.

I don't think so. I don't know if Dan Schwab owns all of that or whether he is just the developer. He's been developing for years, its what he does, but I think usually he has a partner or two involved as well. I doubt if extorting conservation money is what is in mind, but it is about making money, so I'm sure all offers would be entertained...

It looks like there are just over 1,000 signatures on the petition and the open comment period has been extended until May 20th.

Also just from a quick reading there looks like there might be some interest in the property from a few sportsmen's/conservation groups to purchase the property. It's just hearsay at this point and I have no facts to back it up.

Thanks to those that signed and/or passed along!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-13 AT 05:46AM (MST)[p]If they extended the comment period, that is probably a good sign that they will look real close and maybe not give the go ahead. All we can do out here now is pray after signing against it.

Last week the county commissioners decided to deny the project for further review.

That was a good move but it could still go either way.

Not sure how I missed this earlier...probably too busy. In case it still matters, just signed it...#1084

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom